Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Texas -Metroplex❤️Bonded Mother and Son ISO Forever home - updated rehoming fee details❤️

Rajandlizzie

Lairian
After much thought, prayer, time and consideration, I have decided to re-home my two Sphynx cats-Lizzie, the mother, and Raj, the son. They MUST be re-homed together, as they are inseparable-they sleep and nap together, sit together, etc. They are sweet, loving, affectionate cats, and it makes me very sad to part with them. But I want them to be able to receive the time, attention and affection that they deserve. We have had both for about 6 years. The vet estimates them to be around 10 or 11 and 8 or 9, respectively. They are grey, beautiful cats. Both are very sweet and affectionate, and will be like Velcro on you if they can. They are not declawed, and should never be declawed. They are very gentle and aware of their claws when they are being held. They are also very vocal. We were given these cats and did not realize how much maintenance was involved, but we loved them and have made it work for the last six years. However, now I work much more than I did when we first got them, so I am not home as often. My husband(I married him after we had the cats) has health issues(double-lung transplant recipient) that requires he not be around cats, their litter boxes, or otherwise, so we have had to be careful that they were in a different part of the house as him. We recently moved, and they do have a nice set-up in our sunroom. However, I am gone quite a bit, and my husband cannot help with them, so they are by themselves a lot. They crave attention and I know that they could have much, much more attention and affection with someone who was home a lot and who knows how to take care of Sphynx.

Raj and Lizzie’s new pet parent would be someone who is home all the time,(or close to it!) and would love to have them curled up with them non-stop , enjoys taking care of them, and has the physical ability and the means to care for them properly. This would include being able to change litterboxes often, bathe them, trim their nails, etc. I would like someone who has already owned a Sphynx, as they already understand that this is a very high-maintenance breed. I would also highly prefer they be within driving distance of Dallas-Fort Worth. I do not think a long car ride would be good for them, and I would never fly them. Older kids in the home might(maybe) be okay-as long as they know how to be really gentle. Ideally, there would no be other pets in the house.

Health issues and disclosures: both are current on vaccinations required for boarding(only boarded twice in six years), and have been seen by the vet. Of course both are fixed. I mentioned in a separate post that both have had blue’ish ‘bumps’ on their tails. Again, the vet said they were benign growths of some kind, but I would always keep an eye on them. Raj and Lizzie are always under the covers of some kind. I have had a pet heating pad for them for some time, and they love it.

Lizzie(the mom) has a cataract in one eye. The vet says it is fine, and we don’t need to do anything. She also has a benign bump on her face(like a wart) that the vet says is harmless. Lizzie is getting up there in years, so while she Is still getting around fine, at some point, her health will require more attention. Lizzie is very particular about her litter box and her environment. Be warned-if she is stressed(we are gone too long), if the box has too much poop, or she can’t get to it, she will have an accident outside the box. So, you have to be prepared to deal with that. Other than that, she gets around just fine, loves to head bump and nuzzle you and snuggle. She is more ‘relaxed’ than Raj. She spends more time sitting and sleeping.

Raj(the son) has no health issues that I am aware of. Occasionally, he will have some sneezing. Otherwise, he is fine. He is more active, and is super-affectionate and personable. He head bumps and nuzzles A LOT. You must love lots of contact!

I am not in a hurry, so I am going to be selective. I will really miss them, and I want to take my time and be assured we have found a perfect match. Highly prefer an experienced home.

*** {={=I will waive rehoming fee for purrfect fit with experienced Sphynx parents', $300 re-homing fee for the pair otherwise.. **** Once decided, I will want to monitor the transition, and have a lot of communication.

There will be an adoption contract that includes:

NO declawing.

NO re-homing or separating them. If something is not working out, return them to me.

NO outdoors
NO ketamine anesthesia, FeLv feline leukemia or FIP vaccine.

If you are interested, please make sure you read my whole post and private message me. Please provide your vet reference, and as much detail as you are willing to share about you, your home and your family, and why you would love to adopt Raj and Lizzie.
Please see their adorable pictures below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope you find the perfect home for your beautiful babies! It must be so hard, but what you wrote shows just how much you care. I am fiercely against declawing as well, and kudos to you for highlighting that as a major NO NO! Best wishes for your husband's health, that sounds like a lot to deal with. (((HUGS))) {}

Rajandlizzie

Lairian
I hope you find the perfect home for your beautiful babies! It must be so hard, but what you wrote shows just how much you care. I am fiercely against declawing as well, and kudos to you for highlighting that as a major NO NO! Best wishes for your husband's health, that sounds like a lot to deal with. (((HUGS))) {}
Thank you so much for the kind words. That means a lot.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I’m so happy that you are so dedicated to them that even in having to rehome them you are going to be so careful. I truly wish I was able to take them on (I’m in North Texas) but I promised my Ellie a long time ago I would never stress her out again by trying to bring in another cat. It’s really hard because I really want them and I work from home part time. That being said, I can offer help to you if you need it and I will definitely check around with the people I know who would be good to them.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
This person in Texas is looking

Rajandlizzie

Lairian
I’m so happy that you are so dedicated to them that even in having to rehome them you are going to be so careful. I truly wish I was able to take them on (I’m in North Texas) but I promised my Ellie a long time ago I would never stress her out again by trying to bring in another cat. It’s really hard because I really want them and I work from home part time. That being said, I can offer help to you if you need it and I will definitely check around with the people I know who would be good to them.

Thank you for that. Please PM me if you have any connections.

Yoda mom

Staff member
please keep us updated .
(((hugs ))) n head smooches to Raj and Lizzie
tagging @Monica

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Rajandlizzie continued positive vibes sent for the Purrfect forever home together continues.
please keep us updated. another idea is to contact your vet and let them know your pair is looking for a forever home.

following closely for updates
hugs n head smooches

Yoda mom

Staff member
continued prayers the stars align for a purrfect forever home together

hugs n head smooches

Yoda mom

Staff member
these sweeties are darling!
prayers sent a lair member will open their hearts and home to give them the purrfect home together

hugs n head smooches
following closely for updates

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Rajandlizzie thinking of you and yours and sending continued hugs head smooches and prayers to Raj and Lizzie {= {=for a purrfect forever home together

CMMH Sherrie

Lairian
I am so sorry that things have gotten to this point for you but kudos to knowing what you need to do and the rules for adopting them! I wish I could bring them here to live with my family but being in Canada is a tad far. Best of luck in finding them the perfect home!
Hugs to you and snuggles to your babies!

Yoda mom

Staff member
hi cuties, know I am sending positive vibe head smooches and continuing networking for the purrfect fit

((hugs and head smooches)))

Yoda mom

Staff member
continued positive vibes that a mum/dad in the DFW Metroplex can open their hearts and home to this adorable mom and son pair

((hugs)) and head smooches

Yoda mom

Staff member
continued positive vibes for the purrfect home together. they are precious

Yoda mom

Staff member
(((hugs)))) and head smooches
following closely