Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Thank Goodness! My little kitty got out....

Bella07

Banned
About two hours ago, I realized that my cat, Tiger, was nowhere to be found. Usually, she is in the kitchen, day in and day out....She never leaves that room. But, I hadn't seen at all, for about 8 hours. This is very unusual, and I know in my heart something isn't right.....:Sweat:

Of course, I am worried to death. She is 15 years old, and hasn't been feeling that well lately.... At first, I am sick with worry that she is sick somewhere in the house....I spent around an hour and a half looking for her in my house....praying, praying, praying that my little girl is safe.

I can't find her anywhere, and of course I start to cry, knowing what has happened......She got out of the house :Cry: My beautiful elderly girl, who has never been outside a day in her life is out in my busy city. Its 95 degrees out.....Anything could happen. (I live on the busiest road possible, cars everywhere....highly likely to get hit by a car.....it's too hot for her old age...heat stroke...death...A million things are running through my mind)

How did she get out? Our contracters........:Angry:

I fly outside onto my sidewalk, and turn the corner to my car parked a few houses away from me. And (thank god!) there she is, crouched on the side of the street, staring at a flock of pidgeons walking next her.

Long story short, I run over to her, her eyes are shocked, wide, and huge. I scoop her up, and run back to my house. I put her down, and she ran immediately to her water, and drank straight for around 20 minutes. She is filthy from head to toe, covered in black city dirt. She's sleeping on the kitchen counter (as normal)...

So, Tiger was outside all by herself for 8 hours. I am just so grateful that she did not run our into the street, and stayed so close to home.

I can't even express how relieved I am!!! Thank goodness she is alive and safe, she is my little girl, I wouldn't know what to do without her! I felt like I had no control....Contractors, Contractors, Contractors :Angry: They must have opened the door where she was locked up.

Just had to share! I am so happy and grateful that she is okay! Love you Tiger!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Your story reminds me of some great advice I learned form my spouse, who had three kids when I met him and I was new to parenting...

When a child or pet is missing:
ALLWAYS look in the WORST POSSIBLE PLACE - FIRST!!!

I never understood what he was talking about, but you always hear horror stories about parents who look in the pool just a few minutes too late, or out in the street etc....

You mentioned you searched your home for an hour or so, understandibly, because who would think someone would let a naked cat outside?

Now when Nofuratu goes missing we always have someone look outside first....just in case....I never would have thought of that and am glad he taught me that!

Im so glad your kitty is safe! You must have been horrified!!

Adventures of A Naked Cat

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That must have been so terrifying for both you and poor Tiger. I'm so glad it had a happy ending cause she beat the odds that's for sure! And have a word with the contractors - and lock the door Tiger is behind and put a big sign on it that says "Do not open if you want to have all body parts intact when you leave."

Pbinky

Banned
Poor Tiger! Thank goodness she's ok:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:
Those contractors have it coming to them, I bet!

susi794

Staff member
Poor Tiger---poor you too --for worrying so much. Glad you got her back in your loving arms again safe and sound. That was a nightmare for sure--one I am so terrified of myself. I live in a small town, on a street without much traffic, but I would've been hysterical by the time I found her. I love a happy ending, Yaaaay Tiger!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I understand what you have been through. I was moving from Dallas, Texas to San Angelo, Texas and the movers let my abby cat out of the bathroom. It must have been hours later that I discovered he was GONE. It was dark and I had friends and neighbors looking. Panic and tears took over as I knew I would be 300 miles from there the next day. I finally prayed my little heart away. And right after my final prayer - like a miracle - my flashlight glinted across his eyes. He was in a wooded area at the end of the property. I say pray first.:Woo:

Bella07

Banned
Tiger is safe and happy again, and that's all that matters to me!

(Now, I would LOVE to have a stern word with the contractors, trust me. But, they still have to finish the job, and I don't want a contractor who's mad at me working on my house :Hysterical: I'll wait to the jobs done first :Wink:)

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Tiger is safe and happy again, and that's all that matters to me!

(Now, I would LOVE to have a stern word with the contractors, trust me. But, they still have to finish the job, and I don't want a contractor who's mad at me working on my house :Hysterical: I'll wait to the jobs done first :Wink:)
Wait until they are done and have their hand out for the final payment. :Wink: