Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Thank you Susi794

sphynxluvr

Lairian
I have a new sphynx story to tell!! Who knew after all we have been through I would be writing about this glorious event!?!?!?!?
Susi being the dedicated sphynx owner that she is, read my sad story of my 2 precious boys passing within 3 months of each other at only 5yrs, old due to HCM,and took it to heart. She being the proud owner of 8 adorable,perfect, healthy, naked sphynx cats, thought it might be in their best interest to let 2 of them go to a forever home. A home where they were number one every day!!! It had to be two, because these guys are very attached to each other. Pruney is Mabels knight in shining armor!!! He protects her from everything. He hears her cry and he comes running, He hears her whimper and he comforts her, his little paw is always ready to reach towards her shoulder as if to say, " it's ok BABY!!" Susi is an awesome sphynx Mommy!!! I cant imagine how hard it was for her to watch us walk away with Pruney & Mabel, Our family is so grateful to Susi and her actions. We Bless her everyday!!! We know her and the gang miss Mabel & Pruney, but at the same time Mabel and Pruney are bouncing off the walls having just the best time with constant attention from 4 humans who think they are the absolute world!!!!
My husband had some reservations, cause he had been so attached to our boys, but he is the one that you will find laying on the floor with Pruney just engulfed in his body!! He rubs and coos and just enjoys all of us. He sleeps with my daughter everynight. Well except one, I kinda stole him cause they decided to have a camp out. But other than that Kendall(my 17 yr old daughter) has been happily sleeping with both Pruney & Mabel. It's so nice to have Sphynx back in the house. They dont replace each other, They just make you see more to love admire and feel unconditionally for!!!!! Susi is an extraordinarily person!!!
Bless her and the gang!!
Love you always,
it was very hard for Susi to watch us drive away, It was also VERY HARD TO DRIVE AWAY!!! I knew how much they meant to her!! It was such a bitter sweet moment. I wanted Susi to be on the porch waving, yet I understood why she wasnt.
All of her kids were AWESOME!!! I couldnt get enough of the naked party!!! I feel like I made family happen here on the Lair. I will alaways be a part of Susi's family Now that Mabes & Prunes are with us. Thank you SUSI Thank you Lair!!! Now if I can just post some pics!!!!!

MikkiJean

Lairian
That is so amazing and sweet!! Susi, you truly have a heart of gold. I don't know if I've ever witnessed anyone else with the same kindness in their heart as you have.

sphynxluvr.. enjoy your babies!! You know they came from an excellent home!:BigSmile:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi has a truly loving, compassionate soul. And I'm sure she knows that Mabel and Pruney are completely engulfed by love and attention from your family. Otherwise she never would have let them out of her sight. I'm certain all of you, kitties and humans, will have long healthy happy lives together.

**gives Susi a hug** And it's ok to cry, we all understand.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That was very kind of Susi!! I can't imagine how hard it was for her.... Congrats on your new babies!! Sounds like they are settling in beautifully!!! And thank you, Susi, for spreading the sphynx love to another SL family member!!:ThumbsUp:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I think I am at a loss for words. I always knew Susi was a sweetie but this just put her over the top! Congrats to sphynxluvr and your family! To Susi thanks for always thinking of others first including your kittys:ThumbsUp:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Susi has the most beautiful soul. I continue to be touched every day by her words of love and comfort. This generous act just confirms what I have been feeling. She is a compassionate and generous person.

SphynxLuvr I am so happy to hear that you have naked ones back in your life again. Mabel and Pruney will never replace your two boys, but they already seem to have brought you family an incredible amount of healing and joy.

This story has made my day. Thank you for sharing it.

susi794

Staff member
Awwww....thanks Debbie. I'm so sorry I wasn't waving from the porch--I just couldn't do it. I was crying so hard--I just had to go inside and not watch you drive away. :Cry::Cry:I love Mabel and Pruney with my whole heart--that hasn't changed and never will. :Adore: When you first contacted me about if I had any kittens, I knew your heart was broken from losing your boys and I immediately thought of my sweet little Mabel. You see, everybody--Mabel was a hellion as a kitten--she was so full of spirit and was bold and playful and everybody begged me to sell her, but I wouldn't do it. I wanted to keep her.

But when all my babies were so sick from whatever it was Lulu brought into my house, it was months and months of giving my cats medicines either orally or by injection. During this time, Mabel began to think that the only thing getting picked up or approached by someone meant, was that she was going to get manhandled, forced to have something shoved down her throat or some needle stuck under her skin. It broke my heart. She turned into a timid, frightened little girl. She would still come up on the couch and sit with me or jump up on my lap while I sat at the computer, but she would run from me if I approached her.

So, when you needed someone to love, I immediately thought of Mabel--it was an opportunity for a fresh start. She had no traumatic history with you, she would be a big fish in a little pond rather than just one of the gang...but I worried about her being lonely and possibly adding to her unhappiness if she was all alone. So, that's where Pruney came into the picture.

Pruney is a joy! He's easy going and fun and wasn't affected by the constant medicating. I would never have parted with Prunes--he's my heart cat.

BUT Pruney adores Mabel and I couldn't split them up.

Wherever Mabel was, Pruney was not far away.

I was so happy you decided to open your home to them both. This was a perfect match, I think--you can heal each other's past hurt. They can heal your hearts and you can heal Mabel's. It is music to my ears to hear that they are doing well and that they are showered with love. I am looking forward to following their lives through pics (and maybe some day I could even come for a visit). And I will be ecstatic when I can finally hear that Mabel is back to being a hellion. Back to being playful and loving and seeking attention rather than running away from it.
I'm sorry you couldn't have stayed for awhile--except my sleeping arrangements were lousy--I enjoyed your company and would've loved to hang out with you. It was great of you to come all that way...I knew you had such a short window of time and I didn't envy you the grueling drive.
The gang says thanks for the nip and the family pic you brought us.
We will love you always! Kiss Mabes and Prunes for us and tell them we will continue to love them forever and ever.
Susi and the Gang​

MikkiJean

Lairian
Awwww....thanks Debbie. I'm so sorry I wasn't waving from the porch--I just couldn't do it. I was crying so hard--I just had to go inside and not watch you drive away. :Cry::Cry:I love Mabel and Pruney with my whole heart--that hasn't changed and never will. :Adore: When you first contacted me about if I had any kittens, I knew your heart was broken from losing your boys and I immediately thought of my sweet little Mabel. You see, everybody--Mabel was a hellion as a kitten--she was so full of spirit and was bold and playful and everybody begged me to sell her, but I wouldn't do it. I wanted to keep her.

But when all my babies were so sick from whatever it was Lulu brought into my house, it was months and months of giving my cats medicines either orally or by injection. During this time, Mabel began to think that the only thing getting picked up or approached by someone meant, was that she was going to get manhandled, forced to have something shoved down her throat or some needle stuck under her skin. It broke my heart. She turned into a timid, frightened little girl. She would still come up on the couch and sit with me or jump up on my lap while I sat at the computer, but she would run from me if I approached her.

So, when you needed someone to love, I immediately thought of Mabel--it was an opportunity for a fresh start. She had no traumatic history with you, she would be a big fish in a little pond rather than just one of the gang...but I worried about her being lonely and possibly adding to her unhappiness if she was all alone. So, that's where Pruney came into the picture.

Pruney is a joy! He's easy going and fun and wasn't affected by the constant medicating. I would never have parted with Prunes--he's my heart cat.

BUT Pruney adores Mabel and I couldn't split them up.

Wherever Mabel was, Pruney was not far away.

I was so happy you decided to open your home to them both. This was a perfect match, I think--you can heal each other's past hurt. They can heal your hearts and you can heal Mabel's. It is music to my ears to hear that they are doing well and that they are showered with love. I am looking forward to following their lives through pics (and maybe some day I could even come for a visit). And I will be ecstatic when I can finally hear that Mabel is back to being a hellion. Back to being playful and loving and seeking attention rather than running away from it.
I'm sorry you couldn't have stayed for awhile--except my sleeping arrangements were lousy--I enjoyed your company and would've loved to hang out with you. It was great of you to come all that way...I knew you had such a short window of time and I didn't envy you the grueling drive.
The gang says thanks for the nip and the family pic you brought us.
We will love you always! Kiss Mabes and Prunes for us and tell them we will continue to love them forever and ever.
Susi and the Gang​

You just made me cry Susi... you and your stories are just too sweet

firehillqueen

Banned
Its so wonderful to get up and come read a heart lifting story in the Lair. I have shared sorrow with the losses of our friends here as they struggled with the loss of their beloved sphynx and worried with those who have sick kitties. My heart swells with joy to know there is such love and kindness among the wonderful people here. Susie... you are my hero.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh Wow! Wow! What news! Susi, you are an angel. This is so touching. I am glad they are staying together. What a nice story to wake up to. The lair is like snapple~ it's made from the best stuff (people:Laugh:) on earth!!

tessblack

Banned
Oh susi you made me cry this morning again. It is a happy story but also a sad one because I know how much you loved them. At least you know they are in a great home and getting tons of love. Hopefully you will get lots of pics and updates.

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
I'm sitting at my office desk trying to wipe away tears before anyone sees me. That was simply the most heart-warming story I've read in a long while.

Susie, I don't know you at all, but if I could, I'd wrap you up in the tightest hug ... I can't imagine how hard it was to give up your babies. The selflessness of your act was just beyond words. I don't know if I could have done it.

Sphynxluvr, I hope those babies bring you years of joy and happiness. I couldn't imagine the pain of losing two so close together. I'm so glad for you and your family.

firehillqueen

Banned
I wish I had been a member here when I lost my beloved boys with in two months of each other . Because the advice and loving support and shared information would have helped me deal with the loss and understand how my sweet Singe could have been taken so quickly by HCM.

Bella07

Banned
Oh wow, this is such a heat warming story! Susi, I'm at a loss for words. Your kindness is overwhelmingly sweet. At the same time, I am thrilled to hear how happy Sphynxluvr and her family is with her new two bundles of joy. Best of wishes to the all of you!

susi794

Staff member
Thanks everybody...but I'm not that sweet. Debbie paid me a rehoming fee for them--it was a Godsend though, as I am going to use the money to help get HCM scans done-- which in turn might help other folks not to have to suffer the same pain that Debbie's family suffered losing their beloved boys to HCM.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
There is never a day that goes by that I don't come on here and not see the love and kindness that this place holds.
You've done a wonderful thing Susi. Your entries made me cry. lol
Sphynxluvr, I'm sure you know but you've got some great kitties right there. I've often found myself in awe of their photos of the affection those two kitties show to each other. Congrats on your new family members.

Susi,

That was just wonderful. Beyond words. Brought tears to my eyes. It is good to have happy tears.

I know you must miss your babies terribly but it is bitter sweet, knowing Sphynxluvr gets to have the joy and love of Sphynx in her home once again.

You know they will be loved and cherished and I think Mabel will mend hearts as she has her own strengthened as well.

You are a kind soul Susi. This world needs more people like you.

Sphynxluvr,

Congrats on bringing these beauties home! I can't wait to see pictures of Mabel and Pruney playing and cuddling with the family!

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh, Susi- you did such a sweet thing! AND it is hard and I know you have a hard time giving up any of your babies- so I'm so proud of you for thinking of Mabel and Pruney first. It can be so hard making that decision, but I'm sure it was the right one!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh Susi! You truly are the kindest, gold hearted, selfless person I have the pleasure of knowing! I have tears in my eyes from reading this story and feeling the overwhelming sense of love you have for sphynxes and there owners. What a tough choice to make and how beautifully you made it. You deserve so much happiness and good things in your life and i hope and pray they all come your way!

Sending you my BIGGEST (and that's pretty big) hugs and love always just for being the special person you are!

Sphynxluvr - I'm so pleased you have two beautiful angels to help fill the hole left in your hearts! Enjoy our new additions and post lots of pics!

X

Back