Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Thanks guys, this forum has been invaluable!

Luna28

Lairian
Hi all,

Haven't posted for a while, we adopted Indi & Willow back in January and boy has it been a steep learning curve! The girls have settled in really well and every time I've needed the answer to a question I've found it here.
1. We now understand about bathing (or not)
2. That pumpkin is great for helping with runny poop (Willow has such a sensitive stomach).
3. That Indi licking my arm until it's sore is perfectly normal!
4. That play fighting is ok until the screaming starts then it's time to distract them (and use Clorexyderm for any scratches)
5. That getting a litter robot is ok because they poop so much (I was never going to be 'that person' lol)
6. Yes it's normal for them to climb all over you when you eat dinner (we put them in a playpen so we can eat in peace)

They are a constant source of fun and they love cuddling (even when it's really hot) and we are loving taking care of them so thank you so much for the help and advice you provide here.

Attachments

• IMG-20230523-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230523-WA0004.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230626_105537.jpg
    20230626_105537.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 26

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Luna28 , so happy you dropped in to post about adorables Indi and Willow! soo cute together, so I keep it straight which on is which ? :)

you had me laughing and smiling ear to ear with your post. I can relate to some of those as well!

biggest hugs n head smooches, soo happy hearts aligned. keep us updated often... we love photos!!!

Luna28

Lairian
@Luna28 , so happy you dropped in to post about adorables Indi and Willow! soo cute together, so I keep it straight which on is which ? :)

you had me laughing and smiling ear to ear with your post. I can relate to some of those as well!

biggest hugs n head smooches, soo happy hearts aligned. keep us updated often... we love photos!!!
Thank you @Yoda mom & @Catzzzmeow so Indi is the one with the points and blue eyes. I have no idea what colour these guys would be as we didn't get much information when we rehomed them but Willow is a greyish colour and Indi is more 'mink' coloured. Is that a recognised Sphynx colour, I have no idea?

The cutest thing about Indi is the way she sleeps like a little baby

Attachments

• 20230612_214128.jpg
    20230612_214128.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20230527-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20230527-WA0006.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 13

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww :)
On #4 -- I make my own ointment, which is antibacterial and the best thing for any kind of skin ailment.
This is the link to what it is -- and you will find narrow/broadleaf plantain everywhere.
(Just no tea tree oil, as it's not good for cats)
I use that on the cats, the horses, and of course -- myself. :)
The builders who did my barn doors, and who were each the recipient of a jar of it, actually came back to get some more, because it works. :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Luna28 , awh, melt my heart with those photos of Indi and Willow.. I am terrible with colors, I tagged @Catzzzmeow , she has a link about colors.

hugs n head smooches. they have settled in beautifully!

they remind me so much of my Batman and Yoda I adopted together as littermates.. their mum sent me their baby pic. I adopted them when they were 2 yrs old. lol batman curls his tail in a full circle too!

Attachments

• batman yoda babies.jpeg
    batman yoda babies.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 12

tuffysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They are so adorable. I love the way they cuddle together. When i first got my first kitties i never heard them speak about bonded pairs. It is such a heartwarming thing. I felt my two littermates (furry)and Paka (sphynx) were also a bonded threesome and that was proven by their reaction when we lost her. Your pictures warm my heart.

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad to hear Indie, Willow and you are enjoying *sphynxlife* Love the pics of them cuddled up

Luna28

Lairian
Aww :)
On #4 -- I make my own ointment, which is antibacterial and the best thing for any kind of skin ailment.
This is the link to what it is -- and you will find narrow/broadleaf plantain everywhere.
(Just no tea tree oil, as it's not good for cats)
I use that on the cats, the horses, and of course -- myself. :)
The builders who did my barn doors, and who were each the recipient of a jar of it, actually came back to get some more, because it works. :)
Thank you @Silke I will take a look

Luna28

Lairian
@Luna28 , awh, melt my heart with those photos of Indi and Willow.. I am terrible with colors, I tagged @Catzzzmeow , she has a link about colors.

hugs n head smooches. they have settled in beautifully!

they remind me so much of my Batman and Yoda I adopted together as littermates.. their mum sent me their baby pic. I adopted them when they were 2 yrs old. lol batman curls his tail in a full circle too!
@Yoda mom Batman & Yoda are so cute, the more I learn about this breed the more Sphynx I want.

The attitude to these cats is quite mixed in the UK, some people are weirded out by them, some are very curious and ask lots of questions. It's fun answering their questions and showing them pictures, the reaction is usually 'Wow they're so cute'

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Luna28 , thank you... lol my mom's exact words when I got my sphynx and still today she comments" they are disgusting looking". :( she said cats should have fur. she has no idea what she is missing out on. I swear sphynx/nakids are cat, dog , monkey , baby all in one for life

Luna28

Lairian
@Luna28 , thank you... lol my mom's exact words when I got my sphynx and still today she comments" they are disgusting looking". :( she said cats should have fur. she has no idea what she is missing out on. I swear sphynx/nakids are cat, dog , monkey , baby all in one for life
@Yoda mom my son was a little unsure and called them 'the gremlins' initially but Willow sat on his lap and charmed him. Now he comes round and fusses them and takes pictures

Back