Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Adventures of Lynyrd Skinyrd

MaddieP

Lairian
Warning: lots of nudes ahead!
That being said, my baby loves going out, and people love him. Whether it's to my job, the vet, the groomer, or even to the mall, he typically enjoys the attention.
What he doesn't like: toe and nail cleaning. He acts like I'm torturing him when I do it. The little heathen also enjoys climbing up the back of the couch, snuggling under blankies with his humans, and playing with the other cats.

Attachments

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
He is adorable...love the mustache.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MaddieP

Lairian
Gentleman is a bit of an exaggeration. He's a bed hog who likes to wake mama up when he wants attention.
He might be getting a hairless sibling! I'm still on the fence about it. As much as I would love another, I do work 40 hours a week, and I have several other animals and bills to pay. I did contact the breeder to let them know he has been neutered, and she said as a returning buyer I would get a rather significant discount on another kitten, then preceded to show me pictures of her new litters. I'm definitely a sucker for the spots though!

Attachments

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Ooooooh how exciting!! What an adorable little peanut the little naked is.
Good luck in deciding!!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MaddieP AWHHH cute alarm..
go with your gut for what is best ..
I know these nakids pull out our heart strings :) and are like potato chips they say

keep us updated
hugs n head smooches !

MaddieP

Lairian
Well, I really want a little girl. We gave 5 cats in the house, all boys. I know it's ridiculous, but I want to be able to have girly stuff, like tutus!
Lynnie got to go with me to a friend's house for most of the day yesterday. I was really proud, he was a pretty good guest, no tearing up furniture or anything.
Her allergic husband wants one now! Even though they aren't hypoallergenic, and he knows it. She has friends in Russia and she said they're going to ask around to see if anyone knows a breeder there that would sell with breeding rights. Eventually it's something I would love to do but my current breeder does not sell with rights ever.

Attachments

MaddieP

Lairian
Great news! I got into contact with a lovely, wonderful breeder that has offered to essentially mentor me in a few years when I am ready to start breeding! I'm so excited at this prospect, I can't keep myself contained!

MaddieP

Lairian
Well, we had our first scare. My mom told me he was crying in the litter box, and when I went to watch a very small amount of urine came out. So, immediate vet trip. With radiography they confirmed he had colitis, so Lactulose and enemas were given. I took him home that night, but no stool. So, back to the vet for anesthesia and more enemas and a belly rub. He started to clear his bowels, and luckily was doing it on his own, so we got to come home.
He's fine now, but those 4 hours between bringing him in and diagnosis were absolutely terrifying.

Attachments

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh yikes what a scary experience. Glad to hear he's doing well now.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well, we had our first scare. My mom told me he was crying in the litter box, and when I went to watch a very small amount of urine came out. So, immediate vet trip. With radiography they confirmed he had colitis, so Lactulose and enemas were given. I took him home that night, but no stool. So, back to the vet for anesthesia and more enemas and a belly rub. He started to clear his bowels, and luckily was doing it on his own, so we got to come home.
He's fine now, but those 4 hours between bringing him in and diagnosis were absolutely terrifying.
Oh my goodness that does sound so scary! Do they know what caused it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
There was speculation of litter eating, but no concrete answer, unfortunately. I was told that giving him probiotics should help,
I sure hope so. I just worry with ANY breed of cat and urination issues. At least it wasn’t a renal problem. Definitely keep a close eye though.

I’m actually not sure I understand how having trouble urinating relates to colitis. Did the doctor say anything about his urination problems?