Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Big Stink

NakieCatMom

Lairian
Saphira has a routine. She wakes me up with "love". It is nothing more than a tactic to wake me up so I can feed her. Normally, I will wake up, feed her, take the dogs out, and go back to bed. By the time I'm done with the dogs, she is usually done eating and laying in bed waiting for me. This morning was no different. Usually, she will lay next to one of the dogs in the bed.

This morning, however, she laid on my chest and pressed her cheek against my cheek and fell asleep purring. I thought it was the sweetest thing and I felt like it was securing our bond as a new cat and owner. She had never done that before. I drifted off to sleep full of happiness and love. That didn't last long.

In what was about ten minutes later, I woke up to the smell of sulfur. My nose and eyes were burning. Saphira laid there unaffected. The smell was intense. It smelled like a city sewer line had broken. Eventually I went back to sleep. A few minutes later, I woke to the smell of brussel sprouts cooking. It smelled more like brussel sprouts than actual brussel sprouts. Again, she laid there peacefully.

A few minutes later, deviled eggs. All of these delightful smells came from the portal to hell that resided inside the sleeping angel on my chest. I'm hoping this is a one-time thing. She hasn't had any dietary changes, snacks, or people food. The only explanation is that she was possessed by a gas demon. And based on the smell, I think only an exorcist could have stopped it.

Good thing she's cute. I forgive her.

Attachments

• IMG_20201014_123133833.jpg
    IMG_20201014_123133833.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 23
Back