Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The crew is huge *long*

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have been super busy/sick and so here is the story. My gramma has been taking care of my sheltie for 2 years. I finally got into a place where I could have her and when I told my gramma this she told me she wanted to keep my sheltie. She is 72 and has really bonded with having her in the house. I decided to let her keep my sheltie. I was going to get a Bernese Mountain Dog because I LOVE them and have had them before, but the breeder here told me one price then when I went to pick up it was a much higher price. I decided to do some research and see if there was a smaller lazier type dog since I knew I was going to be busy. Well I decided on a French Bulldog, although I did wrestle with Crestie I decided that I didn't want a dog that was going to be "delicate" as I have a 2 year old. The problem? I couldn't find one to save my life. All the ones I did find were more then I paid for my cats. I posted an ad on craigslist saying I was looking for one and within about 20 mins a lady emailed me. She said she had 2 frenchies that needed a home and she was a rescue. The "adoption fee" was $350. Well I jumped on this. My ex mother in law said she would take one and I would take one. So I made arrangements to meet her the same day in Colorado I was getting Santana. She insisted we meet at Walmart. I meet her there and pick up the two dogs and that is when she tells me all sorts of weird things. First she "forgot" their shot record but wanted to mail it to me. The little boy "lego" was SOOOOOOO scared. At first I thought he couldn't walk because he was petrified. I already knew they were not altered and assumed I was going to sign something saying I needed to get them fixed. No. She tells me that Lacie had a litter of pups once (shes not even 2) and that she was a bad mom and wouldn't nurse the puppies and all but one girl died. She then tells me that if I wanted to try and breed her that she may do better with being older and growing out of it. Uh? I go to my sisters house to let the dogs run but she wouldn't answer her phone and lives in a gated community and I forgot the darn passcode. I decided to go to a friend I have there in Colorado's house. She is the person I got Juno from. So I called to make sure it was ok to let the dogs run in her yard. She is home and says sure. I go over and let the dogs out in her yard. Lacie runs all over but Lego just layed on the ground on his belly too scared to move. I just let them there and went in her house and guess what.... She had a litter of kittens. She has MS and I always feel bad for her. She tells me she has had a hard time finding homes for the kittens. She had been trying since June. Well, I am a sucker and took one home. Let me tell you it was a hard choice. She had one AWESOME blue tabby boy but Jack is not really a fan of boys and Ben has been peing/spraying on my dirty clothes in the bathroom so I decided on the only little girl she had. ?Ya, I know. So then I get the dogs in the car and need to go to the airport. Well on the way there Lego pooped in his crate, even though he had just been out. So I stopped at Walmart and got some stuff to clean his kennel and whatnot. Finally get that stinky mess cleaned up and get to the airport and I am early because there was a chance she might be on the earlier flight. Well I wait at the airport for 2 HOURS ha and finally I pick her up. I let her go pee in the litter box I got and eat and whatnot then take the dogs to the dog park to pee before I head home. So the crew expanded by 4, although Lego was going to my ex mother in law. I get home late and take Lego to her and the next morning she calls and says I have to pick him up because her pug won't stop attacking him. I go and pick him up and she refuses to give me the 350 fee because she isn't keeping him, but I could give him to her friend for free if I wanted. Um no? Well being has he is a frenchie I found a home for him in about 3 days with a man who works at my sisters work. He is very nice and just lost a dog to cancer and they love him and rename him Amos. I hear he is coming out of his shell and will actually walk upright, instead of army crawl. Trust me there is more. I take Lacie to the vet to get shots and whatnot because I just assumed the lady was not a rescue but a "byb". I get her shots and have them look at one of her teats because it looked larger then the others and I was worried she had an infection or something. Turns out she had a really big hernia from having the puppies naturally instead of csection. The "rescue" lady will not return my calls or anything but I am assuming that she had this for a long time. I will take pictures of the cats later. They are getting along great with the other cats. Yes, I threw them all together. Well they are seperated in a room together but in the same room, but they can see each other no hissing or anything. I know I know. My son opened the door and let them out together within the first 10 minutes. So the 3 are in the large cage and the other 2 are free in the room. I plan on letting the 3 out tomorrow and see but I think it will be fine. They all love the dog. She is staying at my grammas house for 2 days because my son doesn't understand that she has an "owie" Anyways I now have Jack, Juno, Ben, Santana, and Libby. Lacie the French Bulldog was also spayed at the time of her hernia surgery. Amos will be fixed soon and they gave me the 350 adoption fee. Whew if you got through that.

On top of everything my son is really sick and if he doesn't improve by tomorrow he has to be admitted. His o2 level is 89. His fever stays around 101-102.5 with meds. I also am sick and have a cold sore on the part of your nose between your nose holes. It hurts. Add on school and work and single mommy hood to a toddler who is sick more then he is not. Life is grand! Oh the bunnies are still at my grammas too. She decided to keep them there for the winter until we get our allergy/illness crud taken care of. The hedgehogs I am rehoming just because I kind of remember having an allergy to them as a kid.

Oh and my fish tank decided to drain itself all over the carpet. Came home and it was completely empty. The fish some how were still alive. Weird.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
And 45 minutes before this post you made a post saying you might have to get rid of your kitties because your child might be allergic?

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
like I have said in the postings it may all be in my head. We have had a cat since Weston was born and the illness/sneezy for him started this summer and mine about 3 weeks ago. I have no clue. I only thought of a sudden allergy like people sometimes get to food.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dang, Melonie, I'm saying this with love but girl, you need to simplify your life! You're taking care of all of these animals and going to school full-time, too? And you have a young son? You have way too much on your plate right now. I'm not telling you what to do but all of these critters are adding stress to your already overloaded schedule. You need to think about yourself and your own well-being, as well as your son's.

Sorry if I'm coming across a little "harsh"...that's not my intent at all. I'm just worried about you.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
oh wow... sounds like you've had a rough few days... :(
hope your son's health takes a turn for the better.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so sorry. My 5 year old daughter had her oxigen at 89 and she was admitted for a week since she didn't improve. The doctors sent her to an allergist since we thought she was allergic to cats or dogs and turns out she is not allergic to dogs or cats.But she is allergic to some perfumes and gets asthma attacks from colds.

I hope your son feels better soon....

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We go back in for a recheck today to see what his 02 level is. If it has not improved he will be admitted. He seems way better, and the fever is gone without tylenol. He just started a new daycare Aug 30th so I am thinking that may be part of the problem. Just tons of new germs.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wow, Melonie, wow.
You said you have been super busy, but "super busy" doesn't quite fit it. You have a lot going on to say the least. I'm worried about you. Please try to find time to focus on yourself for a moment and grab some zen time. I'm glad to hear your son's fever is responding. Hopefully he is on the downside of this bug and will be feeling better soon.

Bella07

Banned
Oh, wow, Melonie, I hope that you are okay. Will be keeping you, your son, and your pets in my thoughts and prayers.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Dog is good, kid is good, cats are good, I am good! Dog is having some "bladder" issues but I think the people lied to me about her being potty trained. I just took her out watched her pee, watched her, and she came in and peed. She has never done #2 in the house but she gives no warning that she has to pee, but she does do it where you can't see. I just need to keep a better eye on her. I normally baby gate her in the room with me so she can't go behind the couch but I didn't right now and she peed behind the couch where I couldn't see.

Bella07

Banned
Good Luck with house breaking her. Out of my three dogs, none of them are truly potty trained, especially my Shih Tzu. When she feels the urge, she lets go where ever she is :Sweat: But, I do recommend pee pads if there are accidents.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
WOW!!! This post nearly gave me an anxiety attack and I don't have nearly as much going on as you do....I agree,,,Simplify!!! lol WE CARE ABOUT YOU!!! I hope things settle down soon for you!