Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Day Might Finally Be Here!!!! Hurray!!!

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok so Sunday I am going to go look at a 2 kittens to see who picks me!!! Oh happy day!!!! I am so excited I cant stand it!! So here is my story.......... It all started about 2 months ago. I foster for Italian Greyhound rescue and was asked to go to a shelter to go identify a dog. While I was there one of the workers started telling me about how certain animals pull at your heart strings and how they had a kitten with a broken leg that was doing that to her. I agreed and was walking down the cat area minding my own business when I stopped to say hello to one of the kittens. Out of all of the kittens that I stopped to say hi to which one it???? The one with the broken leg!!! She explained to us that he probably would not get adopted and that he would be euthanized the next day. WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO???? Leave him??? No!! So he came home with us much to the dismay of our 2 older cats. Fast forward about 3 weeks later and one of cats was diagnosed with kidney cancer. She didnt make it very long soon after and she crossed the Rainbow Bridge just like her brother did a few years ago. Her brother was my world. I loved him so and this little kitten has helped heal that hole that he left behind. Dont get me wrong I love all of my animals but you always have that one that really touches your heart in that special way. Moving on.... I now have my kitten with the broken leg, who is going to have his leg amputated, and a 12 year old cat. This 12 year old cat wants nothing to do with the kitten. I mean NOTHING!!! So I told my hubby that the kitty needs a play mate and my hubby agreed. He agreed and said "What about one of those bald ones?" I was in heaven!!! I always thought he was totally grossed out by them. I was so happy he was on board!! SO ..........come Sunday we get to go meet 2 kittens to see who we get to be owned by!!!!! OOOOOOOOO Happy day!!!! :BigSmile:

First of all, I want to say that I think it is just wonderful that you brought the wee broken-legged kitten home to give him the love and care that he deserves. You saved that baby's life and he is helping heal your loss of your special boy.

Now, for the "Happy you get to bring home a naked kitty" dance! Wooohoo! You not only have the soon to be 3 legged kitten and you get your forever Sphynx! That is great news! I am so excited for you!

Now 3 legged kitten will have someone to play with since the 12 year old cannot be bothered with silly kitten antics. Much too mature for such nonsense! LOL!

Please share pictures as soon as you have some and let us know when you bring home the new naked ruler of the house!

susi794

Staff member
Bless you for the baby with the broken leg, I believe that Heaven holds a special place for people with kind hearts like you. When does this baby have the leg removed? Hope he'll be ok...and soon running around as though he never had a bad leg at all.
Congratulations on being adopted by some lucky little baldy too! Are you just going to choose a baby or is this baby coming home with you on Sunday?
We will definitley need pictures of your new family members!
So happy for you,
Susi and the gang

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a great story! The little one will lead a perfectly normal life once he physically recovers from the amputation. I bet you'll be telling us how he runs around just like a cat with 4 legs! And I'm sure the little one who chooses you Sunday will be wonderful. Welcome to the lair and looking forward to hearing more about you and your kitties.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
How wonderful of you to take in a special needs kitten. Your kind heart will be rewarded. I'm so happy to hear you are getting a Sphynx. Just you wait until you bring the little one home. Your heart is going to explode with love.

Back