Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The dog that hated cats!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Our new borzoi girl, now dubbed Widget, has had a tough time adjusting. She is coming around very slowly, but it's taking lots of patience and love.

Anyway, when Widget first got home, she hated the cats!:Surprise: If one even walked near her, she would growl and show her teeth, if they dared closer she would snap! I was concerned about this obviously. However, I needn't have worried!

Truth decided to heck with this snarly, growly dog!

Gummi has her own dog (Ollie) and Truth wanted one too! Especially one with a nice soft bed to share.

So she persevered, and you can see the fruits of her labors below, lol:Laugh::ThumbsUp:

Snuggle Buddies (sorry Widget is dirty)
037-6.jpg

Someone is jealous!
040-5.jpg

There's room for three! (that's almost a Where's Gummi pic, lol)
045-1.jpg

And just to prove it wasn't a one time only snuggle session
Here is a pic from today (bath day, notice the clean dog! lol)
004-7.jpg

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So happy to hear that things are working out with Gidget. Poor girl must have been really traumatized from her little adventure. Lucky she has you and your family to give her lots of love and patience.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mike~ Gummi is acting completely normal, her breathing is still wheezy, she has runny poop from her meds, she went to the vet today to get more doxy and he will see her again in 10 days, but he is still stumped.

Dawn~ It is officially Widget, lol, and yes you can certainly see that she is not as comfortable with all the love as the kitties are:LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
There is a "safe" look in Widget's eyes in that last picture that I hadn't seen before. She is almost allowing herself to feel happy again.

You do understand that you'll have to get a dog for Dare now.

Sorry Gummi is still fighting something, but at least she's acting fine.

Bella07

Banned
Aaawwww, I didn't see this post till now, and those pictures are just about some of the sweetest pictures that I have ever seen! You are so lucky to have such a close nit pet family. :BigSmile: