Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Flying Nude

Cata

Lairian
Hello everyone! I have kept to myself for a while but I am ready to introduce myself and my kitty :).

My name is Catalina, 25, and originally from Bolivia but live in sunny Miami Florida. My partner in crime is my baby Vlad, short for Vladimir! Got him from a breeder in the west of Florida back in August and have been in love ever since. Even before I got to know him the breeder said he was the neediest and sweetest of the litter. It definitely still holds true hahahha! He can’t bare not being on shoulders and is constantly looking for An audience and validation.

Unfortunately, it was not all rainbows and sunshines. Two months into our adventure (he was a couple weeks shy of 6 months) vlad began to have gas and irregular bowel movements. I did not think too much of it because he was as active as ever but then i started noticing some behavioral changes. He had gotten used to sleeping next to me in bed so when he began to sleep in his own bed, I knew something was going on. I am habitually questioning my thoughts when it comes to vlad due to my catastrophic anxiety. “He’s probably upset because you don’t spend enough time at home,” I repeated to myself for a couple of days before I had a feeling it might be more than that. Besides his nighttime routine changing nothing was out of normal, he was still playing, purring, but something in me doubted his health.

Eventually one night, vlad vomited. I did not think more than “I knew it, something is wrong, we are going to the vet.” Took him to the vet and she did not seemed concerned. She felt an inflamed tract but with no tone of urgency. She suggested I get bloodwork done sooner rather than later but again, not concerned. For some reason this Dr. couldn‘t do the blood exams that day so she referred me to another vet. bloodwork comes in with infection and later scans show blockage by unknown obstacle.

Long story short, they had to do an exploratory surgery on vlad right away and found an intussusception. My baby got 12 inches (~30cm) of intestine removed. Stayed the night and brought home the next day. Of course the whole thing + recovery period was very hard on us. I saw him so vulnerable and delicate. the dr. Said that it was very fortunate for him to have a proactive mom but that although he will be in pain because of the surgery, it will never compare to the pain he went through beforehand... (thinking of that still hurts my heart).

Vladimir is now 8 months old and happy as a clam! We have had a couple of issues since such as cracked paws (still a mystery to my vet and me but they have since healed with help of aquaphora and coconut oil), and a couple of skin issues that have to be resolved. Besides that he’s spoiled rotten and has an amazing time destroying flowers and discovering crevices to sleep in! I’ve given him the persona “flying nude” because he is my lil superhero! Strong! Invincible! Quick! Nude! Saving the world (living room) while I sleep...

Long journey ahead of us and I am excited to be part of this community! I am posting pics, some more graphic!!

Sending much love,

Cata & Vladimir

Attachments

• 453B6E51-8502-47AB-A21C-1EE9B6B0217E.png
    453B6E51-8502-47AB-A21C-1EE9B6B0217E.png
    389.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 1D327EF4-0BB5-4849-A09C-E85845DB56C2.png
    1D327EF4-0BB5-4849-A09C-E85845DB56C2.png
    420.5 KB · Views: 23
  • A00145C5-1572-47C3-ACCD-8ADA238D1877.jpeg
    A00145C5-1572-47C3-ACCD-8ADA238D1877.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 645A8682-D8BC-4137-ACDA-AB9254BE6BB0.jpeg
    645A8682-D8BC-4137-ACDA-AB9254BE6BB0.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 24
  • E2BB40F2-11A4-40F2-9DC4-56D1E09B5037.jpeg
    E2BB40F2-11A4-40F2-9DC4-56D1E09B5037.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 21
  • 29CE98B1-2B94-47EA-AD8C-9C51373F8A8E.png
    29CE98B1-2B94-47EA-AD8C-9C51373F8A8E.png
    307.8 KB · Views: 21

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, good job you were so proactive and knew Vlad's little habits so well. Glad to hear he's on the mend.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
So glad you jumped in and gave up your lurker status and became an active member lol. Your baby is gorgeous. Glad you trusted your gut and he will be okay. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of him.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Cata , Hi Catalina and the flying nude Vlad! Welcome to the lair family ! also in Florida just south of Daytona Beach.

wow, what a journey... glad you trusted your gut... what an amazing superhero with an awesome mum! he is adorable!
what is his besties name? all paws are lair family

look forward to lots of pics and tales! so glad you come out from lurking to jump in and post with us

hugs and head smooches to Vlad and his bestie!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Daaaang that is a long incision. The closure looks beautiful, though. I’m so thankful you were so intuitive to his changing health. Things could have gone very differently if he didn’t have such an observant mommy. Welcome to Sphynxlair.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Cata and welcome to Sphynxlair! SO glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! So glad everything worked out with his illness. Please enjoy the community! :)

Cata

Lairian
Daaaang that is a long incision. The closure looks beautiful, though. I’m so thankful you were so intuitive to his changing health. Things could have gone very differently if he didn’t have such an observant mommy. Welcome to Sphynxlair.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
It was so large! It hurt seeing him lethargic after the surgery but now there's barely a mark where the incision was! I told him "chicks dig scars" hopefully it made him feel better hehehe :). Thank you for the warm welcome, happy to join!

Cata

Lairian
@Cata , Hi Catalina and the flying nude Vlad! Welcome to the lair family ! also in Florida just south of Daytona Beach.

wow, what a journey... glad you trusted your gut... what an amazing superhero with an awesome mum! he is adorable!
what is his besties name? all paws are lair family

look forward to lots of pics and tales! so glad you come out from lurking to jump in and post with us

hugs and head smooches to Vlad and his bestie!
I am glad to join now instead of being a creepy lurker hahah! His bestie's name is Hugo, a Yorkiepoo! Vlad loves to swat his butt but Hugo doesn't seem a fan of it hahah but he tolerates his craziness :). Thank you! He is the best thing of 2019 for sure. Looking forward to posting more.. hugs xx

Back