Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The horses are home!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
20181203_131240.jpg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1543838522635.jpg

I've had a few internet troubles, so it's a late post.
The horses were picked up on Monday, to make their last 10 mile journey to their forever home.
That sounds easy, doesn't it?
Stormy?
No sweat. Walked straight in.
Oz?
Um. Yeah. Not happening. Not even going near the trailer.
After an hour and a half in the pouring rain, soaked to the bone, I had an epiphany.
Since the trailer was scary, all I had to do was remove the trailer from the equation.
How can I load a horse on a trailer, without the trailer being in the picture?
I ran and got a shirt.
Yep, I blindfolded Oz (we'd done this before) and... the trailer was gone. In his mind, at least. In he went.
Offloading was no problem, and I led the two of them into their new field.
One or two bucks, then head down in the grass... done.
I could FINALLY get dry.
The electrician was there, working on the electric fence, which didn't have a charge at this point.
By nightfall it did, as Stormy found out to his detriment. ZAP!
He won't be going near it again. :p
So the first night was very wet and horrible, but they have a shelter -- they just chose not to use it.
The next morning dawned and...omg.
The misty morning world was turned into GOLD, it was stunning.
IMG_8899_sm.jpg

IMG_8907_sm.jpg

IMG_8913_sm.jpg
IMG_8903_sm.jpg

Oz in front of the house. :)

So we are all finally here. Me, my zoo, and all.

And I seem to have acquired a black and white furry cat as well... not sure what to do about her yet, since I want to allow mine out, but not with the unknown cat hanging around. But the poor thing was extremely shy, but meowing all the time. So I put some cheap food out, and now she's tame and wanting to come in.
I think the previous owner abandoned the poor thing. I can feel ribs.
Gonna have to call one of the rescues, to see if they can find her a home, if I can't find one for her first.

20181129_194441.jpg

This is my view in the evening. She'll sit there all night if I don't close the shutter.

Le Sigh.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you :)
It's been a long slog, but it's starting to come together.

I've had some problems, mostly because of the language barrier, but I am sorting stuff out.
And if I can't, I have some awesome friends who will help. One of them made a 45 minute call on my behalf to the fibre optic company, to get my internet connected -- or rather book the appointment. I kept getting "Where do you live" and I was like "Are you serious? You sent me a letter, I'm calling you about that letter, and you tell me you don't know my address?"
It's tricky sometimes, because I have no road name. The house is only known by it's name.
My "Road" is actually a hiking trail. Telling the water/electric/internet company that I live ON the GR22 not "by" the GR22, is...yeah.
"Le sentier de grande randonnée 22" -- The GR 22 -- Is defined by the French Hiking Association as "from the square of the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris to the famous abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel" -- Yep, if I start walking outside my front door and head east, I can follow the "road" all the way to Paris, or, if I go the other way, west, to Mont Saint Michel.
So if you follow that red marked trail on the map below -- you'll walk right past my house.
800px-GR22.jpg

It's a beautiful place, and once my French allows (or when my friend comes over Christmas) I'll try to do some research on the house itself -- because I have no idea how old it is.
I *do* know there has been a house here for several hundred years, I just don't know if it was THIS one, or if it was rebuilt, or what the history is of it. It's just so off the beaten track, there has to be some significance to it.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oz and Stormy are home!:). Nex5 time blindfold Oz right away cause he sure wants to be where he is now with the fabulous view. What a great home.
Poor furry cat. Glad you're giving him/her some food. Hope you'll find a home for the cat

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you :)
It's been a long slog, but it's starting to come together.

I've had some problems, mostly because of the language barrier, but I am sorting stuff out.
And if I can't, I have some awesome friends who will help. One of them made a 45 minute call on my behalf to the fibre optic company, to get my internet connected -- or rather book the appointment. I kept getting "Where do you live" and I was like "Are you serious? You sent me a letter, I'm calling you about that letter, and you tell me you don't know my address?"
It's tricky sometimes, because I have no road name. The house is only known by it's name.
My "Road" is actually a hiking trail. Telling the water/electric/internet company that I live ON the GR22 not "by" the GR22, is...yeah.
"Le sentier de grande randonnée 22" -- The GR 22 -- Is defined by the French Hiking Association as "from the square of the Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris to the famous abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel" -- Yep, if I start walking outside my front door and head east, I can follow the "road" all the way to Paris, or, if I go the other way, west, to Mont Saint Michel.
So if you follow that red marked trail on the map below -- you'll walk right past my house.
800px-GR22.jpg

It's a beautiful place, and once my French allows (or when my friend comes over Christmas) I'll try to do some research on the house itself -- because I have no idea how old it is.
I *do* know there has been a house here for several hundred years, I just don't know if it was THIS one, or if it was rebuilt, or what the history is of it. It's just so off the beaten track, there has to be some significance to it.

Gosh! What a cool history even just for the road. Not too many things like that where I’m from. You will have to tell us about all the skeletons you dig up when you are able to research the house.

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I shall leave the skeletons where they are, because there used to be a leprosy colony around here!
Can't have things falling off, because I went digging.... :p

Oh gosh, better to leave them where they lay!

Back