Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Ideal Weight

Kiapi

Lairian
How do i know how much my Sphynx should weight? I am having some real trouble with both of them: one seems to be too skinny and the other too fat (with Buddha belly!)

Can anyone advise?
Thank you
Kiapi

admin

Administrator
Staff member
How do i know how much my Sphynx should weight? I am having some real trouble with both of them: one seems to be too skinny and the other too fat (with Buddha belly!)

Can anyone advise?
Thank you
Kiapi
The "buddha belly" in most cases is normal for the breed. Females generally weigh between 7 and 9 pounds and males average between 8 and 10 pounds. :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 57876 here is a chart that might help you with the ideal weight of a cat. Sphynx often have the belly and flabby boobs/moobs, but looking down on your cat like in the chart attached will give you a good gauge.

Patti

Q2FPH.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
If I remember correctly the skinny one is kitten? Kittens can be very skinny in the periods they're growing. They eat a lot but at some points they won't gain weight. So if the kittens eats like a cow, plays a lot and sleeps a lot and still is skinny, then it could be okay. The picture @Catzzzmeow posted is perfect to see if the cats are too skinny or too fat.

missmonkey

Lairian
She is very small, she was the runt of the litter I believe. She was 4.5 on a full stomach when the vet weighed her, then 4.1 on an empty stomach. She feels heavier when I pick her up, but maybe that's because she was less than 3lbs at the beginning of the year when she was sick. Her bones were visible at that weight and it was obvious there was something wrong with her at the time

Uksphynxmum

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They all vary my baby boy Otto is 6 months and 6.6lb my girl Luna is 16 months and only 8lb. My big boy Rizzy who recently passed away was over 14lb at his heaviest. Such variations all perfect :)

Back