Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Mighty Huntress

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My cat Cooback caught a HUGE rat in the field beside my house today! I was so impressed I took her picture! It's as big as a kitten!

4864.jpg

Bella07

Banned
As a quick little story, a few years ago, we had bats, yes bats, in our house. (ewww!)
Well, I walked into the hallway unknowingly, and looked down, only to find my cat sprawled out on the floor, happy as could be, with a flapping bat between her paws.

Imagine my suprise :Dizzy: So, I guess these stories are only ones that a mommy could be proud of in a way! :Wink:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
OMG!! I'd freak! lol I would turn and run and scream and stand up high on the nearest item that would hold me! lol

Kudos to your kitty tho. Atleast it wasn't in your house!!!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yeowza! That is a big rodent. Glad she didn't bring it into your house. The bat thing creeps me out. Years ago a cat brought in what I thought was a dead garter snake...until I when to remove it and it moved! Lots of dancing around and choice language withthat one.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good girl!!! She must have been so proud of her catch!

When I was a little girl and our cat (Fred) use to bring in dead mice and voles my mum would go nuts! She hated them, so I use to pick them up and chase her round the house with them!! :LOL: I was such a delightful child!!

X

ckutkuhn7

Banned

When I was a little girl and our cat (Fred) use to bring in dead mice and voles my mum would go nuts! She hated them, so I use to pick them up and chase her round the house with them!! :LOL: I was such a delightful child!!

X

:LOL::Hysterical::LOL:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

X

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ive had stray cats over the years bring in rats but the WORST was when i was dog sitting two golden retreivers and one caught a rat! they are bird dogs and she just happily jumped infront of me WITH THE HALF DEAD RAT IN HER TROAT!

I pulled it out w bbq tongs and washed the dogs face w lysterine ! she was so proud! i was so grossed out! lol

holly_savage

Banned
Awesome catch! Remind me not to visit in yur neck of the woods...holy cow that a huge rat!. We have little itty bitty field mice mostly...my old cat used to bring them home too, and I'd usually be left a foot or a tail on my pillow...I guess that was her way of sharing!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Re: The Mighty Huntress *Another one!*

OMG! The second one in a week!! Behing her you can see the field that she is pulling em out of, eee-uck!

048-2.jpg

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ive had stray cats over the years bring in rats but the WORST was when i was dog sitting two golden retreivers and one caught a rat! they are bird dogs and she just happily jumped infront of me WITH THE HALF DEAD RAT IN HER TROAT!

I pulled it out w bbq tongs and washed the dogs face w lysterine ! she was so proud! i was so grossed out! lol

:LOL::LOL:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That last one was still alive, I felt sorry for it, and wanted her to let it go, well she did and it ran right at me!:Surprise: I squealed like a child and ran high stepping away yelling KILL IT KILL IT!!:Hysterical: So much for sympathy!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I see her, I make my husband take em away, but I have been presented with parts and pieces left on the porch! uck! Cooback was one of our farm/barn cats and even though we no longer have the barn she still has the killer instiinct, lol

Back