Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The movie Book of Eli

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Did anyone of you see it?
I did the other day and was like:

"Hey! That's a sphynx, that's a sphynx right there guys."

at the opening scene to the surprise of my friends who saw it with me (remember I am a 38y old guy after all)

Then 2 seconds later the lovelly sphynx roaming the wilderness got shot by bow and arrow and eaten to great joy of my friends and surprised face on me.

How did you react when/if you've seen it?
Good movie by the way. Post-apocalyptic flick a bit like Mad Max or The Stand.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ok so I totally wanted to see the movie and just got excited when you said sphynx- but now I don't know. Sphynx being shot with bow & arrow, eaten :Angry: I'll have to think about it.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
ok so I totally wanted to see the movie and just got excited when you said sphynx- but now I don't know. Sphynx being shot with bow & arrow, eaten :Angry: I'll have to think about it.

It's well worth seing. It was not shot by malice but because of the end of the world created a situation where every food/water source became invaluable.
It is also not in anyway a big part of the film. Just to show that it's desperate times.

Movie is a 6-7 on a 10 grade scale. Good acting and well directed but even if story line is a little bit... Well, see it. Ppl get killed all the time in films and it's not like it's worse than a sphynx. As a sphynx maniac I did get a bit of a surprise though from
:Hysterical::LOL::Hysterical::LOL:
to
:Surprise:

Gizzymom

Banned
Saw the movie and LOVED it!! Love movies that make you think and I got something totally different from it than some of my friends that are more religious. I won't say too much as I don't want to ruin it for other people.

Now... about the sphynx scene... a friend of mine warned me about the scene and told me to cover my eyes... I decided to watch anyway. No big deal - you can totally tell that it's CGI when it gets killed, so it did not upset me. Those horrible stories on animal cops upset me more cuz they are real. :Angry:

Don't be afraid to watch the movie, though... it is a very short scene and a good thought provoking movie :ThumbsUp:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I was totally surprised when I saw it. I guess more that there was a Sphynx in it then the poor thing being killed. ( I know it is just a movie) just had to keep telling myself it is fake.
All in all a good movie, I usually fall asleep and I stayed awake:Laugh:

TotenEngel

Banned
Ooooohhh... good to know, it's already on the list 'to watch' films and now I haver remembered it again I will add it on our LoveFilm waiting list!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You eat me and I'll bite your nose off!

picture.php

I couldn't watch it. I tried and I couldn't see that part so I had to have it skipped because I started to cry before I even saw it. :Cry: I'm a baby when it comes to dying kitties.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I watched it I had no idea what was going to happen. I was sitting there and then started squealing "Oooh ooh there's a sphynx! I wonder how it keeps warm outsi.... OMG he shot it!" Then I started screaming.

I thought the movie was well done and entertaining in a depressing sort of way. The ending was very profound and thought provoking, at least to me. Won't say anything more cause I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I quite enjoyed the movie -- a different turn from the typical apocalypse movies, as well a good exploration of the power of ideals/beliefs. I didn't mind the Sphynx bit, cause it wasn't gory, and it was a clean quick kill.

verucasfoodlady

Lairian
I wasn't expecting it so it was sort of upsetting to me to see. The poor little dude was even in a sphynxie stance when he got shot by an arrow. i loved the movie, but this scene was a little rough for me.

Back