Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The need for heat

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ughhh :love::love::love: I’ve said it before, but I adore his stripped tail!!!!

For reasons I don’t fully understand and cannot explain, I have always been opposed to heated blankets/pads. Perhaps it’s bc I live in TX. :unsure: However, after seeing so many sphynxies on here loving themselves some electric-blankets, I may just break down and buy one! You said hay pillow? Can you explain what that is?

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ughhh :love::love::love: I’ve said it before, but I adore his stripped tail!!!!

For reasons I don’t fully understand and cannot explain, I have always been opposed to heated blankets/pads. Perhaps it’s bc I live in TX. :unsure: However, after seeing so many sphynxies on here loving themselves some electric-blankets, I may just break down and buy one! You said hay pillow? Can you explain what that is?
It's called a wheat warmer. They are very popular here in Sweden. It's like a pillow with wheat in it. You can warm it up a couple of minutes in the microwave or put it in the freezer. It's so nice to put on an aching part of your body and some like warmth and others cold. The casing is often made of natural linen. I have friends who make them for themselves but you can buy them too, and the cats love it now that winter is coming... Google it!
y8oktpq60w081htwo7lh.jpg

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Aaaaaaw radiator love! Mine still squeeze themself between the windowsill and the radiator.
Wheatwarmer are perfect for our sphynxs!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Zab thank you :) I will definitely look if I can Amazon it! I hadn’t heard of those before... obviously, I called it a hay pillow :X3:

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use electric mattress toppers (not the blankets you go under) on the sofa and in bed. The cats love them.
The wheat / rice packs are great tho, but they can get VERY hot. :)