Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The "New Gaga" is called Sia

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The new Gaga, whose name is Sia now, is starting to get to grips with things.
This afternoon the rain finally stopped for a while and, since she was the only one in the (wet) chicken pen, I grabbed her and put her outside the door.
(It's been raining for over two weeks, with only one dry day, everything is a lake)
She's been getting on with it. Still shy, but hey...
01-11-2019 - IMG_3168-Export.jpg

Here she is, strutting her stuff, looking like someone dragged her backward through a hedge.
She struts a lot. And talks. That chicken never shuts up.
01-11-2019 - IMG_3169-Export.jpg

Sia, because of the half white, half black head.

Alas, I had slices of clementines, and put them down for them.
Gaga, after getting a taste, and being robbed by Thelma, decided that NO ONE is going to get her slice, but her.
01-11-2019 - IMG_3189-Export.jpg

Now, you can see how big that slice is.
She scoffed the lot, almost in one piece, all at once!
How the hell is that even possible???

01-11-2019 - IMG_3200-Export.jpg

This is the "Mini Posse". :)

So, these were taken around 4pm.
I go in, develop the pictures, realize it's dark out, and go to put the chooks to bed.
And... only Thelma and Louise are in the chicken house.
I run back in and get a torch. I find... no one. No Gaga. No Sia.
I spend the next half hour looking all over, in the rain, in the dark, for two tiny black chickens with white heads.
Followed by the cretin I believe to be the culprit behind the disappearing chickens.
Stormy.
He likes to watch the chickens. I am betting they went pecking in the horse field, and he thought it would be fun to chase them.
Reason I think that?
I found Gaga... on the ROOF of the WOODSHED.
How the hell a tiny chicken got up there is beyond me.
But I only found Gaga. I put her in the chicken house and go to look for Sia.
Sia was nowhere to be seen. I checked the roof. I checked the wood shed. I checked around the wood shed. I checked every chicken sized and not so chicken sized gap.
Nothing.
I was about to give up, when my torch bounces off a tiny bit of white in all the darkness.
Sia.
Now, Sia isn't Gaga. She avoids me. She's scared of me and doesn't like to be touched.
There she sat, in the rain, by the greenhouse on some rocks.
I picked her up and she wasn't making a move. Poor thing was probably scared to death and didn't know how to get back to the pen.
I took her back, put her on the perch, and closed the hatch.
I think I'll make some Chicken Leashes!!!

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The new Gaga, whose name is Sia now, is starting to get to grips with things.
This afternoon the rain finally stopped for a while and, since she was the only one in the (wet) chicken pen, I grabbed her and put her outside the door.
(It's been raining for over two weeks, with only one dry day, everything is a lake)
She's been getting on with it. Still shy, but hey...
View attachment 96046
Here she is, strutting her stuff, looking like someone dragged her backward through a hedge.
She struts a lot. And talks. That chicken never shuts up.
View attachment 96047
Sia, because of the half white, half black head.

Alas, I had slices of clementines, and put them down for them.
Gaga, after getting a taste, and being robbed by Thelma, decided that NO ONE is going to get her slice, but her.
View attachment 96048
Now, you can see how big that slice is.
She scoffed the lot, almost in one piece, all at once!
How the hell is that even possible???

View attachment 96049
This is the "Mini Posse". :)

So, these were taken around 4pm.
I go in, develop the pictures, realize it's dark out, and go to put the chooks to bed.
And... only Thelma and Louise are in the chicken house.
I run back in and get a torch. I find... no one. No Gaga. No Sia.
I spend the next half hour looking all over, in the rain, in the dark, for two tiny black chickens with white heads.
Followed by the cretin I believe to be the culprit behind the disappearing chickens.
Stormy.
He likes to watch the chickens. I am betting they went pecking in the horse field, and he thought it would be fun to chase them.
Reason I think that?
I found Gaga... on the ROOF of the WOODSHED.
How the hell a tiny chicken got up there is beyond me.
But I only found Gaga. I put her in the chicken house and go to look for Sia.
Sia was nowhere to be seen. I checked the roof. I checked the wood shed. I checked around the wood shed. I checked every chicken sized and not so chicken sized gap.
Nothing.
I was about to give up, when my torch bounces off a tiny bit of white in all the darkness.
Sia.
Now, Sia isn't Gaga. She avoids me. She's scared of me and doesn't like to be touched.
There she sat, in the rain, by the greenhouse on some rocks.
I picked her up and she wasn't making a move. Poor thing was probably scared to death and didn't know how to get back to the pen.
I took her back, put her on the perch, and closed the hatch.
I think I'll make some Chicken Leashes!!!
What a harrowing story! Maybe now Sia will know she can trust you to have her back?

About the orange, chickens are actually related to little piggies, didn’t you know? And they don’t like to share...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm gonna find some Gaga/Sia sized Gilets Jaunes, I think!
And harnesses. And leashes. Grr.
They've been hanging out near the chicken pen all this time. I guess Gaga is leading Sia astray now.

Cinafina

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They're so cute!! Pleased to see Gaga has got a pal, or more like a partner in crime and mischief :D Double trouble now!

I do wonder though... how do they see?? Where are their eyes? :oops:

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They're so cute!! Pleased to see Gaga has got a pal, or more like a partner in crime and mischief :D Double trouble now!

I do wonder though... how do they see?? Where are their eyes? :oops:
They do have them, but they are often covered by the feathers.