Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The New Snuggies for Pets...Corny or Cute?

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi there, I hate to admit it but I've just bought one of those adult-sized leopard-print snuggies as a birthday gift for a friend. While shopping for it, I noticed that there are now little snuggies out there now for pets (well, dogs), too! Does anybody else out there think that this might be a cute gift idea for our warmth-loving sphynx cats? :BigSmile:

Here's the link to one site where you can buy them, but other sites are now offering them, too: https://www.thesnuggiefordogs.com/ . They come in two colors (pink and blue) and several sizes. Prices vary depending on which site you order from.

It's been snowy and cold in Colorado lately, so poor little Piglet always looks cold lately and sometimes a sweater alone just doesn't do the trick. I use a space heater to keep the house warm when I'm at home, but it's not safe to keep on when nobody's around, so I'm looking for something else to keep the Pigster warm. If anybody out there have bought these, are they worth buying? I'd like to get one for Piglet but I don't want her to wear a poor quality item and/or look like a dork...LOL! :Hysterical:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just bought Cleo one last week.
I got her the pinkish one.
I will take a picture of Cleo in it later today.
It is kinda strange looking.
I got it at Petsmart.
Do not order from that site.I only paid $9.99.
Bed Bath and Beyond has them for $9.99 also.
My sister got one for her sphynx also.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3727937

Cool, M2M, thanks for the tip. I thought &14.99 for one pet snuggie sounded pretty pricey, so I was going to look around anyway. Sounds like petsmart and BB&B have better prices. I'd love to see the pic of Cleo in her snuggie if you get a chance to post it . :BigSmile:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am going to the vet to pick up some meds then shopping.
When I get back I will take pics of Cleo in it.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Very cute!

The snuggie commercial is sooo corny but the product I think sounds good. If I were going to get one I would definitely go all the way and get the leopard print too :LOL: so I think it was a good gift sydkat.

The dogs look good in them! Looking forward to seeing Cleo in it M2M!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Very cute!

The snuggie commercial is sooo corny but the product I think sounds good. If I were going to get one I would definitely go all the way and get the leopard print too :LOL: so I think it was a good gift sydkat.

The dogs look good in them! Looking forward to seeing Cleo in it M2M!

Well, my friend is an animal lover who's a leopard-print fiend (her whole house is decorated in the safari-look decor). Also, her favorite pastime is to watch movies on TV, so the snuggie seemed just PERFECT for her...LOL! :Wink:

I wish they had the leopard or zebra print option for the pet snuggies...I'd get that for sure for the Pigs. :Laugh:

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The nice thing about Bed Bath and Beyond is that you always get those 20% off coupons or $5 off, so be sure and snatch one of those to bring with you...and a little insider tip (those coupons never expire even though they say they do):ThumbsUp:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, my friend is an animal lover who's a leopard-print fiend (her whole house is decorated in the safari-look decor). Also, her favorite pastime is to watch movies on TV, so the snuggie seemed just PERFECT for her...LOL! :Wink:

I wish they had the leopard or zebra print option for the pet snuggies...I'd get that for sure for the Pigs. :Laugh:

Oh nice! Yeah the only thing I have leopard print is one of my credit cards. People always comment when I use it. For some reason whenever I watch the commercial I'm like ooohh leopard :LOL::LOL:.

Piglet would definitely look cute in any animal print!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When I seen that commercial for the first time I almost peed myself laughing!:LOL::LOL::LOL: Wait til they get sued for someones dog jumping off the couch & the snuggie trips them & they break their leg!

PitRottMommy

Banned
Personally, I wish the human form converted a little better for the pet form. They simply don't have enough coverage for me to feel that they would warrant my spending money on them. I'm curious to see if you guys feel that they truly are THAT warm.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks much for the photos, M2M! You're right, the fit looks a bit strange, but she does look very warm in it! :Laugh:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yea it does fit strange but of course the are not made for sphynx cats.
I got Cleo the Extra Small.
Let me know if you decide to buy a Snuggie.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, I think I'll need an extra-small for Piglet, too. Even though the fit isn't perfect, I think the snuggies are a nice little cover-up for the kitties in a pinch!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My dad purchased two Snuggies last year for two different people in the family. My sister-in-law said she uses her quite a bit.
You all are right about the corniness. Did you see the guy in the beginning "raising the roof"? He's so hip and cool with his Snuggie.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the comercial is very bad we laugh every time its on, our daughter wants one so I am going to get it for christmas. I think I am going to get us all one just because of the laugh we get every time they are on tv.
Also don't order from them make sure you get it in A store ( bed bath and beyond and their coupons are great) I saw on the news a while back some lady that ordered A snuggie and a few weeks after she got it lots of charges showed up on her credit card, they said lots of stuff comes with it that you can order but she threw it all out after finding out that you had to call and cancel all of it or would be charged I guess when you order that you are ordering some other stuff to if you do not cancel.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You all are right about the corniness. Did you see the guy in the beginning "raising the roof"? He's so hip and cool with his Snuggie.

LMAO!!! :Hysterical: Yeah, he's pretty groovy doing his little Snuggie dance. Thanks for the laugh, ultra_stella! :LOL::LOL:

Pye314

Lairian
I bought Pye one of these snuggies from Bed Bath and Beyond a few weeks ago. I was so excited but his mother just rolled his eyes at me. When we got home I grabbed him and quickly put it on him. I swear he rolled his eyes as his mother did in the store. He did not like the fit it was too lose and the smaller size seemed too small (he is 9 pounds). Regretfully I had to return it.

Back