Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The second familly cat

Viktor

Lairian
High guys, with my boyfriend, we would like to adopt a second cat in our familly. The first one is a 2-year-old-devil girl. What do you suggest as a second cat? What character should the second cat have? What bread is the best?

Thanks for any hint!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

What breeds do you like?
I have 3 sphynx and 3 RB mix and a Siamese mix.
They all get along great.
The one that is mostly RB always wrestles with the sphynxs.
My oldset sphynx like my 18 year old siamese mix and my almost 10 year old rB mix the best.
She also loves Wrinkles the other female sphynx.
All my cats get along fines except Wrinkles hates the new sphynx.
I know of many breeds that do well with sphynx cats.

Viktor

Lairian

What breeds do you like?
I have 3 sphynx and 3 RB mix and a Siamese mix.
They all get along great.
The one that is mostly RB always wrestles with the sphynxs.
My oldset sphynx like my 18 year old siamese mix and my almost 10 year old rB mix the best.
She also loves Wrinkles the other female sphynx.
All my cats get along fines except Wrinkles hates the new sphynx.
I know of many breeds that do well with sphynx cats.

Thanx man,

What is RB?

J

Jinxlover

LOL..You cant come to the Sphynx Forum and ask what breed to get ... All your going to get from us is SPHYNX:LOL::LOL::LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Other than sphynx, I'm partial to Siamese, but I think any young cat (even one from a shelter) would be a great addition to your family regardless of breed.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx are like potato chips you can never just have one!!!!!!
Cornish Rex do great with sphynx also.
I think most breeds would be ok with a sphynx.
Why dont you get another SPHYNX.

holly_savage

Banned
I love the Rex cats too...now here is a question, what is the difference between the Cornish and Devon's??? Apart from the obvious they came from different areas..:Dizzy:

Sorry to deviate from the thread, but I figure some of you would no the quick and easy answer:ThumbsUp:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The cornish feel like velvet.
I came so close to getting one.
My sister has a phony Devon Rex.
The breeder said it was was Devon and falsified the ped and lied on the parents.
The cat is now as big as a maine coon and has hair longer then a persian.
She paid for a pure bred.

AthenaAura

Lairian
The Cornish will almost be my first love. My Cornish that we were told was a Sphynx just stole my heart and ran away with it. I can't even explain how they feel, yes like velvet but like a silky satin, wavy little lamb. I wake up in the middle of the night just to run my hands over her. I love all my cats, Sphynx, Cornish, Domesitcs but I feel like my Cornish needs me. Like a forever baby, might just be my luck but both girls I have had have been this way. (my word i am getting weepy!)

AthenaAura

Lairian
These aren't the best photos of Aura but they show her texture. See the finger waves?
16922ax.jpg
[/IMG]
o6ir6f.jpg
[/IMG]

holly_savage

Banned
I got to pet one at a cat show a few weeks back too....I LOVE the feel of their fur...so soft...and from what I have read, they don't tend to shed much / at all because their coat lacks the "Guard Hairs" which is what a cat normally sheds...is this true?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I got to pet one at a cat show a few weeks back too....I LOVE the feel of their fur...so soft...and from what I have read, they don't tend to shed much / at all because their coat lacks the "Guard Hairs" which is what a cat normally sheds...is this true?

Thats pretty neat if its indeed true!

Back