Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The stargate has arrived

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm currently stuck at work and my husband has messaged to say that the stargate for Rankle and Dajjal has finally arrived. I just want to go home and build it for my boys. I've watched the videos so we'll see how I get on, but expect several posts tonight as I'm trying to work it out!

Eek! So excited :D

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Woohoo!! Maybe you'll have a nice surprise when you get home and your husband will have it built and ready to go!
LOL. I'm hoping he hasn't. Unfortunately I'm the practical one in our relationship. If he's had a go I'll either find bits of it scattered around the room where he couldn't get them to fit and he's forced them together and broken it, or it will be a wheel of death as he won't have used all of the pieces and an integral part will be missing ;)

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I thought about getting one for Luna, but I’m convinced she would turn her nose up at it and walk away. Can’t be bothered. Good luck. Can’t wait to see pictures.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The stargate is built, just need to put the pads in.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the stargate club!
Look forward to updates!

go Fast Rankle Go Fast Dajjal! Go fast!

Following for updates!
They're a bit unsure at the moment (I'm so impatient, it's only been built for 10 minutes!) but they've both eaten treats from it and walked on it to get said treats when their evil mother moved them too far away to snatch. Fingers crossed they use it on their own.

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww good luck, if there on it after 10mins, , they will be running in no time! Binky never went near it for a week, now she can’t get enough of it, when there more confident they jump really high n run really fast then jump off its soo much fun! Xx

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww good luck, if there on it after 10mins, , they will be running in no time! Binky never went near it for a week, now she can’t get enough of it, when there more confident they jump really high n run really fast then jump off its soo much fun! Xx
That's good to know. It's a bit of a worry that I may have wasted a lot of money on something they won't use

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's good to know. It's a bit of a worry that I may have wasted a lot of money on something they won't use
i was exactly the same. Now I have to remove it at night time as I live in a one bedroom flat! Would you believe we are moving to a house with upstairs so my kitty has space to run all day n night!

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They're a bit unsure at the moment (I'm so impatient, it's only been built for 10 minutes!) but they've both eaten treats from it and walked on it to get said treats when their evil mother moved them too far away to snatch. Fingers crossed they use it on their own.

Cleo was the same in the beginning now she can't get enough of it. Great exercise!

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We've caught Dajjal the Siamese on it a couple of times and hell walk on it if we manually turn it. Rankle, however, has zero interest unless food is involved. He's such a mercenary little so and so.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Keep up stargate training !
I also used a Dabird feather held on the track pad In front of him as well as my finger with lots of encouragement
Now I can be in the next rooom amd say go fast Toby amd he runs to his wheel
I also found having it by a wall flat surface helped

Try different directions too
So weird he runs only in one direction

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Keep up stargate training !
I also used a Dabird feather held om the pad I’m fromt of him amd my finger with lots of encouragement

I also found having it by a wall flat surface helped
Thanks for the tip. My husband broke all of the teaser toys (he vacuumed and got them caught in the machine) so I need to buy new ones. I'll try with those instead of treats - it might save my poor fingers from getting nibbled when they're trying to grab the treats.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Update - Dajjal has been using it when we're not looking. For the past two nights I've got into bed and heard it rumbling away downstairs. I know it's not Rankle because the lazy little whatsit is in bed with me. I'm just glad it's getting used.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Beckinboots yah great update ! Lol I can relate
I wanted Batman to use it for his little tummy little piggy
Wouldn’t you know he lays in bed (lazy butt) and watches Toby go fast!
Yes so funny to hear them on it in the night ! Lol my Toby chirps now om it like he is night hunting
Uses it all day long now

“Go Dajjall Go ! go fast ! “
Give extra treats and praise amd will really go !

Dajjal Welcome to the stargate club!

Back