Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

the State of my Circus Clown...

Brooke

Banned
Helen had a checkup at the vet yesterday. I took her in because she'd been making some weird breathing sounds the night before and I had been meaning to get a senior blood panel done on her anyway and to have her checked out for possible arthritis in her hips because she's been slowing down a lot over the past couple of months.

Yesterday morning, I opened my eyes just in time to see Helen with that all too familiar "I'm about to barf" look on her face and I jerked my head back just as a hairball came flying out of her mouth. Yes, a hairball. It was blue and orange fuzz from her favorite blankie. And it landed right where my face had been just moments earlier...awesome! :ThumbsUp:

So we got to the vet and her lungs sounded clear (though I don't know how he heard anything with her purring at top volume the whole time). The strange breathing must've been from the blanket fuzz ball?

Her blood work came back today perfectly perfect! All normal values, straight down the middle, nothing high, nothing low. She's the picture of health! YAY! :Celebrate: I really wanted to make sure everything was good since I've had her on the homemade raw diet for a couple of months now. She's great! Except for her arthritis, which I'm treating with glucosamine and chondroitin and going to try very low dose pain meds. Send vibes that she's up and moving around again soon!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG That is toooo funny....I would never have expected a hairball. At least you were able to get out of the way. Last week I was sleeping on my stomach in the middle of the night and Bayleigh walked onto my back like she always does. Then, without the usual gulping sounds to wake me up, baptised my hair, neck, pillow, blankets, and pajamas with cat puke. Yeah, that was a fun night :Surprise:

I'm very glad that Helen is doing great and that it was nothing serious. You are such a good cat mom!! And Yayy, Helen!!!

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Makes me think of the sphynx cartoon I saw with a husband and wife sphynx. The husband sphynx had just thrown up a hairball and the wife sphynx was pissed "because we're both hairless!"

Brooke

Banned
OMG That is toooo funny....I would never have expected a hairball. At least you were able to get out of the way. Last week I was sleeping on my stomach in the middle of the night and Bayleigh walked onto my back like she always does. Then, without the usual gulping sounds to wake me up, baptised my hair, neck, pillow, blankets, and pajamas with cat puke. Yeah, that was a fun night :Surprise:

:LOL::LOL::Hysterical:

oh yeah...I know exactly what gulping sounds you're talking about... oh man (*shakes head*)

Brooke

Banned
LOL! That's too funny :Hysterical:

Glad you managed to dodge the stodge and glad to hear she's doing well!

Wishing good luck with the supplements!

X

:LOL::LOL::LOL: "Dodge the stodge" !!! HAHA!!!

Something is working...Helen was running around the house like a crazy woman last night. She hasn't done that in months! Too soon for the supplements to be working, so I think she was feeling better because of her pain meds. Either way, I was really happy to see her up off the couch!

Back