Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Toaster!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is anyone elses cat OBSESSED with the toaster??? Mo spends hours sat on it, sniffing at it, putting his paws down the bit where the bread goes (I have to make sure it's off at the switch so he doesn't eletricute himself!!) I have even cought him trying to take toast out when it pops up! I have to have supervised toasting sessions nowerdays!

Brooke

Banned
I don't have a toaster, or I'm sure the cats would be obsessed with it!

Helen, however, is obsessed with my Scooba (the floor cleaning robot). She sits on top of it all the time and if one of the other cats comes near her while she's on her "pedestal", she will growl and swat at them. It's been broken, so I haven't had a chance to see if she'll ride it while it's mopping the floor yet!

I bet we could find something strange that all of our cats have a weird obsession with! :LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a toaster oven so it doesn't do the fun toaster pop-up thing that Mo probably loves. A lot of cats love printers too - I've seen tons of youtube.

It's his love for danger that draws him to it!

Seriously though -be safe Mo! :BigSmile:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Is anyone elses cat OBSESSED with the toaster??? Mo spends hours sat on it, sniffing at it, putting his paws down the bit where the bread goes (I have to make sure it's off at the switch so he doesn't eletricute himself!!) I have even cought him trying to take toast out when it pops up! I have to have supervised toasting sessions nowerdays!

Negative. Mine are obsessed with the kitchen trash can.

Have you considered getting a toaster cover to prevent Mo from hurting himself?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Our curl up next to the coffee pot in the am. They like the heat from it it is so funny one on each side, trying to fill our cup can be tricky.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Luckily I only use the toaster once in a blue moon so its pretty much always switched off. I have to watch him when I do use it though! Maybe a toaster cover would be a good idea, it's only a small toaster though so if I cleared out my cupboards properly (Ha ha likely storey) I would probably be able to fit it in there.

PitRottMommy

Banned
Luckily I only use the toaster once in a blue moon so its pretty much always switched off. I have to watch him when I do use it though! Maybe a toaster cover would be a good idea, it's only a small toaster though so if I cleared out my cupboards properly (Ha ha likely storey) I would probably be able to fit it in there.

I think a cover is a great idea. Many pets that don't get a jolt off of playing with an appliance will move to its cord. And you can imagine, they generally get the shock of their life (pun intended). The off button doesn't stop the current from entering the cord, just the toaster. If nothing else, unplug.

Back