Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Ultimate Poop Pic (Chart to grade poop by)

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I feel like we need a section just titled "POOP" here. Anyways, I came across this on my IBD facebook page... apparently poop #2 is "ideal".
FB_IMG_1467898406350.jpg

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@MollysMom is there another way to post this pic/chart again? I can't read any of the words on the right. It's blurry. Thanks. Oh and by the way, I hope this is from a vet and not a human's medical doctor. LOL

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@MollysMom is there another way to post this pic/chart again? I can't read any of the words on the right. It's blurry. Thanks. Oh and by the way, I hope this is from a vet and not a human's medical doctor. LOL
LOL yes, apparently there is one for dogs too! It comes up if you google "cat/ dog fecal scoring chart". Proud to say mine are both #2 (unless they are sick!)

Toa and Ross

Staff member

@Toa and Ross it's actually above 40 and under 40. Well, at least that's how eyes work here in the US. :(:(:( LOL

Now I know that an eye chart and a poop chart basically all test the same things.

Oh in that case: are eyes in the US different then in the Netherlands?:). Cause here we always say it about above 50 and under 50! I am above 40 but under 50 so I think I need to say living in the Netherlands for at least the coming 9 years :LOL:

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh in that case: are eyes in the US different then in the Netherlands?:). Cause here we always say it about above 50 and under 50! I am above 40 but under 50 so I think I need to say living in the Netherlands for at least the coming 9 years :LOL:

@Toa and Ross that is something. LOL It's the 40's thing here. Definitely stay where you are for the next 9 years or so. It's an easy way to save your eyesight! LOL
(This is so funny, I can't stop giggling. I wonder why there is a 10 year difference for the same thing!?! )

Toa and Ross

Staff member

@Toa and Ross that is something. LOL It's the 40's thing here. Definitely stay where you are for the next 9 years or so. It's an easy way to save your eyesight! LOL
(This is so funny, I can't stop giggling. I wonder why there is a 10 year difference for the same thing!?! )

Maybe because the Netherlands is a tiny country and we don't have to look so far? But then again we always say everything in the US is big so that can't be it. It's funny and needs to be examined further:).

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Toa and Ross ok, I think I may have just figured it out, but first let me ask you a question: What is "middle age" for most people in the Netherlands? Presbyopia begins when a person is in the middle ages.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Toa and Ross ok, I think I may have just figured it out, but first let me ask you a question: What is "middle age" for most people in the Netherlands? Presbyopia begins when a person is in the middle ages.

50! That's when we see Sarah or Abraham as we say in the Netherlands. And in the US? Is 40 "middle age" there? If so I definitly recommend all woman between 40-50 to immagrate to the Netherlands for the time being:).

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Uhm but if it's about when middle age begins? And we humans just say middle age begins at...40...or 50, depending on the country you live in. And then all of the sudden our sight is getting less? Then I guess it's not really our sight is getting less but that are brains are doing a trick with us!!

So I now declare that presbyopia NOT starts before the age of 70! Really brains it only starts at 70!!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Toa and Ross to me, middle age means two things: 1) not a teen, not in your 20's and 30's anymore, yet you are not old or elderly. 2) I also look at middle age as half way between birth and death!

So maybe people live longer in the Netherlands than in the U.S.? When I was almost 20 years old, an eye doctor mentioned what will happen to my eyes when I hit middle age ... at the age of 40. So as soon as I turned 40, I couldn't read something for the very first time in my life while eating out in a restaurant and I picked up the little foil package to see if the waitress gave me butter or margarine. LOL

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Toa and Ross to me, middle age means two things: 1) not a teen, not in your 20's and 30's anymore, yet you are not old or elderly. 2) I also look at middle age as half way between birth and death!

So maybe people live longer in the Netherlands than in the U.S.? When I was almost 20 years old, an eye doctor mentioned what will happen to my eyes when I hit middle age ... at the age of 40. So as soon as I turned 40, I couldn't read something for the very first time in my life while eating out in a restaurant and I picked up the little foil package to see if the waitress gave me butter or margarine. LOL

See, it is all in our brains:). The docters tells us we are going to get problems with reading when we reach a sudden age. Then we reach that age and bingo....problems with reading.
Most woman in the Netherland will get 75-80. So middle age should be at 40. But we always try to slowthings down here. That's why we say middle age is at 50:).
But sssst don't tell anybody. Last week I was waiting for the train. At 20 meters distance there was a sign and...I couldn't read it! When normally I could. But then again, I think they used other types of letters, smaller one so that's why I couldn't read it:p

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
See, it is all in our brains:). The docters tells us we are going to get problems with reading when we reach a sudden age. Then we reach that age and bingo....problems with reading.
Most woman in the Netherland will get 75-80. So middle age should be at 40. But we always try to slowthings down here. That's why we say middle age is at 50:).
But sssst don't tell anybody. Last week I was waiting for the train. At 20 meters distance there was a sign and...I couldn't read it! When normally I could. But then again, I think they used other types of letters, smaller one so that's why I couldn't read it:p

@Toa and Ross "I couldn't read it! When normally I could. But then again, I think they used other types of letters, smaller one so that's why I couldn't read it:p"
Reminds me of a story from when I was in my teens: My friend Marsha began to have a love of baking. She baked a new dessert almost every single day and of course, ate her desserts. Eventually, it was noticeable that she was putting on weight. One day someone in her family mentioned that her pants don't even fit her well anymore, her reply was, "I know right?...the darn cleaners has been shrinking my pants lately!" LOL

Toa and Ross

Staff member

@Toa and Ross "I couldn't read it! When normally I could. But then again, I think they used other types of letters, smaller one so that's why I couldn't read it:p"
Reminds me of a story from when I was in my teens: My friend Marsha began to have a love of baking. She baked a new dessert almost every single day and of course, ate her desserts. Eventually, it was noticeable that she was putting on weight. One day someone in her family mentioned that her pants don't even fit her well anymore, her reply was, "I know right?...the darn cleaners has been shrinking my pants lately!" LOL

I love this kind of "excuses". I always use them: it's the lettertypes, it's the cleaners, it's everything but me:)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Great chart! This is so helpful for new kitty parents and even those who aren't sure what is what.

Max and Min almost always poop like the #2. Sometimes with additional surprises inside like a bit of fabric from a toy! LOL

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Toa and Ross a friend of mine just posted a Minion joke and I had to share with you:

MIDDLE AGE:

That time in your life when you finally get your head together and then your body starts to fall apart.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Toa and Ross a friend of mine just posted a Minion joke and I had to share with you:

MIDDLE AGE:

That time in your life when you finally get your head together and then your body starts to fall apart.

Hahaha that's funny! So I guess in the Netherlands we need 10 more years to gey our head together then in the US (cause our body start to fall apart from 30:).

Back