Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

The Ultimate Poop Pic (Chart to grade poop by)

Eugene

Lairian
That's a great chard!
Toa and Ross are good with poops like number 2. Jade's poop is always number 6.
Good day,

I have 3 babies (Ziggy, Ziva and Zoe), Ziggy and Zoe always have poop #2, but Ziva is poop #6 almost all the time. We went to the vet, she wanted to do a course of antibiotics to rule out bactirial infections, then we switched her food to Hydrolized protein because the vet thought she could not process protein properly. Now we did blood work and her WBC count came back very high, so going for ultrasound today (freaking out here) Do you have any suggestions as to why the 3rd cats poop is always #6 from your experience? Thank you in advance.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Eugene positive vibes for Ziva 's Ultrasound today ! ((Hugs)))
Will look for positive updates

Have they ruled out tritrichomonas that can cause Cow Patti like poos?
Tritrichomonas foetus (Diarrhea)
Often Giardia is ruled out or still treated for with the meds In case of false negative

My kitties can't handle high protein % amd definitely no kitty treats or too much canned food
(They share ome cam of proplan urinary focus with l-lysine powder mixed in- they refused all vet food)

I switched them all to Nutrisource cat amd kitten in the blue bag
All 4 have solid poos eve with an immediate switch after those food was discontinued - (all 4 have image #2 poos )

Hopefully thr vet will be able to rule out things with the ultrasound thst may beef fearing the WBC

We will be thinking of you amd Ziva with a lair full of positve vibes!

Please keep us updated ((hugs)) amd head smooches

Eugene

Lairian
@Eugene positive vibes for Ziva 's Ultrasound today ! ((Hugs)))
Will look for positive updates

Have they ruled out tritrichomonas that can cause Cow Patti like poos?
Tritrichomonas foetus (Diarrhea)
Often Giardia is ruled out or still treated for with the meds In case of false negative

My kitties can't handle high protein % amd definitely no kitty treats or too much canned food
(They share ome cam of proplan urinary focus with l-lysine powder mixed in- they refused all vet food)

I switched them all to Nutrisource cat amd kitten in the blue bag
All 4 have solid poos eve with an immediate switch after those food was discontinued - (all 4 have image #2 poos )

Hopefully thr vet will be able to rule out things with the ultrasound thst may beef fearing the WBC

We will be thinking of you amd Ziva with a lair full of positve vibes!

Please keep us updated ((hugs)) amd head smooches
Thank you so much, I pray its nothing too serious, will keep you posted.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Eugene,
Here is another poo thread
Sphynx cat with Diarrhea (Giardia)

years ago my Omar had a high WBC count -
It was "idiopathic " unknown cause I was told
We did ultrasound etc so I do understand ((hugs)))
He gotvmeds amd all cleared up
Just never knew what it was

All paws crossed here for Ziva!

Please start a thread for Ziva f you like so others can chime in with support and ideas to discuss with vet
We can't diagnosis but can share some of the things we have experienced with our babies since not all antibiotics etc work for sphynx

Has vet mentioned IBD/IBS

My Bengal eats Fromm game bird recipe for IBD

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Eugene all fingers and paws crossed for Ziva!
My girl Jade has loose poop since she was born. The breeder did do a lot of tests, tried different kind of foods but it's not clear what is causing her loose poop. She is tiny and skinny. She came to live with me when she was two years old. I also let the vet do some tests, without a result.
The vet said that sometimes there is no cause to find. Jade is active, eats normal and isn't bothered by her loose poop. It's probably her intestines that work too hard.
So can't say what is causing the loose poop. Hope they will find out what causes it by Ziva!

Eugene

Lairian
@Eugene all fingers and paws crossed for Ziva!
My girl Jade has loose poop since she was born. The breeder did do a lot of tests, tried different kind of foods but it's not clear what is causing her loose poop. She is tiny and skinny. She came to live with me when she was two years old. I also let the vet do some tests, without a result.
The vet said that sometimes there is no cause to find. Jade is active, eats normal and isn't bothered by her loose poop. It's probably her intestines that work too hard.
So can't say what is causing the loose poop. Hope they will find out what causes it by Ziva!
Yeah Ziva is active (well as much as she always has been, which is not much, we call her princess because she is "too good" to play with her brother and sister) she eats well, drinks, vet says looks good(temp and weight) I really am hoping its nothing, I can deal with the loose stool, as long as she is ok.

saffwolf

Lairian
This is fab! We've recently changed food because poops where around a 4 (quite soggy) and they've gone to a 2 which is very reassuring
Poop can tell you a lot

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I remember spending hours and hours and hours trying to find a chart like this. Since owning this breed of cat I have been obsessed with poo. Currently I am using Hills brand of food and the poos are amazing.

vengasejanis

Lairian
Hey everyone! I just did some Black Friday shopping and found a self-cleaning litterbox for $80! I'm so excited to get it, but I realized that Marley (my 2 year old sphynx) has somewhat mushy poop, so I'm afraid of the self-cleaning litter rake getting gunked up with poo... Using this chart as a reference, I'd say she's either at a 5 or 6: pretty runny, but somewhat holds its shape.

I've been looking at various threads all throughout sphynxlair and it seems like most people recommend either Science Diet or Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck Formula Limited Ingredient cat food. Marley only eats dry kibble and gets treats every once in a while. She's also a pretty healthy kitty. She currently eats Blue Basics Limited Ingredient cat food (fish and potato), and I've read that many sphynx cats have issues digesting fish... So I'm thinking I should switch her food to something that'll firm up her poops. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated! :)

Crackpotbaby

Lairian
Ha, as a nurse I’m used to charts like this, but feline specific this is quite useful. Thanks!

So if a person were describing a cats poo as loose or generally problematic what number stool would they mean?

To me, 7 is diarrhoea and would presumably indicate a problem.

5 & 6 seem ... abnormal.

1 would indicate constipation, clearly.

What gradings do people consider normal vs problematic?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Brent Robinson , here is the pee Chart

image.jpeg

Back