Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

the vet ok'd it, but....

well, we drove half an hour this morning to meet the kitten and his two litter mates- a buff boy, and a black and white girl, both short haired. upon walking into the room and seeing these three little kittens, ariana squealed "KITTY!!" in her most excited, high-pitched two year old voice. of course, she knows to be gentle, so she immediately plopped her bum down on the ground and started patting the floor in front of her, saying in a much calmer voice, "here, kitty. here, kitty." the girl ran and hid. the buff boy completely ignored her. the anti-kimo ran right up and headbutted her. we spent about a half hour playing with the kitties (the buff boy eventually got in on the action), and talking to their foster mom. she told us she was impressed with how gentle ariana was. she admitted that when she first heard we had a toddler, she was nervous about letting us adopt. of course, ariana was raised with much smaller animal than cats (rats and ferrets), so "gentle" has been pounded into her head from day one. we made our decision within the first five minutes. needless to say, the fluffy orange boy came home with us.

david didn't like omik, and has named him "sol", since he is very sun-like. :Laugh: i can't wait to start introducing him to kimo!

so she immediately plopped her bum down on the ground and started patting the floor in front of her, saying in a much calmer voice, "here, kitty. here, kitty." the girl ran and hid. the buff boy completely ignored her. the anti-kimo ran right up and headbutted her.
Awwww...I got all misty eyed when I read this! They really do know where they belong, don't they?

So cool!
Congrats on the new family member!