Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

the waiting game

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 4yr old boy, Blue, was recently diagnosed with heart disease..my vet has given him 6-8 months left with me, but warned me to get ready for the worst, it could happen any day. hes on 5 different meds just to prolong his time with me..how is one supposed to deal with the fact everytime you leave your house, or go to work, you might be coming home to a nightmare? i know you shouldnt mourn the living, but with thtat news, im finding it hard not to. please people, cherish every moment you have with them, hang on and never let go..you never know what might happen..i mean really, hes only 4, and hes the greatest cat ever..

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry Blue is sick.
I know the feeling.
My Coco non sphynx was given 5 months to live in Jan 2009.
I am doing everything I can for her.
I am sure you are doing everything you can for blue
Do you want to talk to my friend.
She just her girl liza to HCM.
Her husband found her dead.
She can give you advice.
I have 2 cats with heart murmurs.
Meeko was only 3 months when we found out she had a murmur.
It is a grade2/3 now and she will be 10 in june.
Coco has one now also but she is 18.
When my friend found out her cat had HCM in march she could not even look at him.
The sphynx that went against my Cleo at the shows has it also and he is dying.
He is only 1.5 years old now.

Inferno12

Banned
Im so sorry to hear about this. Just know that he has no idea and that you two will get through this together. He is there for you just as you are there for him. Make the best of it and remember the good times. This has got to just be gut wrenching every time you have to leave the house or go to bed. We are all here for you if you need support. I feel for you and will be thinking of you guys.

Give Blue some love tonight from me and Johnny!

susi794

Staff member
I'm so very sorry....wish there was something I could say or do to make the hurt go away, but I know there just isn't. Enjoy whatever time you have left together--none of us has been promised a tomorrow in this life--and I firmly believe we will see our beloved pets in the next one. Heaven just wouldn't be Heaven without them.
In the mean time, please know that we care and that you and Blue are in our thoughts and prayers.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm so sorry to hear this news. Do your best to stay strong for him. I hope he surpasses his time and able to maintain his health happily. I know its got to be hard knowing a head of time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Give him hugs from Snuffie and me!

i really just want to say thanks to all of you for your kind words during this difficult time..it really helped, and is much appreciated

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Do your best to stay strong for him. I hope he surpasses his time and able to maintain his health happily. I know its got to be hard knowing a head of time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Give him hugs from Snuffie and me!

hugs were given! thank you for your support

Im so sorry to hear about this. Just know that he has no idea and that you two will get through this together. He is there for you just as you are there for him. Make the best of it and remember the good times. This has got to just be gut wrenching every time you have to leave the house or go to bed. We are all here for you if you need support. I feel for you and will be thinking of you guys.

Give Blue some love tonight from me and Johnny!

thank you very much for your kind words.

Sorry Blue is sick.
I know the feeling.
My Coco non sphynx was given 5 months to live in Jan 2009.
I am doing everything I can for her.
I am sure you are doing everything you can for blue
Do you want to talk to my friend.
She just her girl liza to HCM.
Her husband found her dead.
She can give you advice.
I have 2 cats with heart murmurs.
Meeko was only 3 months when we found out she had a murmur.
It is a grade2/3 now and she will be 10 in june.
Coco has one now also but she is 18.
When my friend found out her cat had HCM in march she could not even look at him.
The sphynx that went against my Cleo at the shows has it also and he is dying.
He is only 1.5 years old now.

after all the research i did, heart problems really werent mentioned.. but thank you for your kind words

I'm so very sorry....wish there was something I could say or do to make the hurt go away, but I know there just isn't. Enjoy whatever time you have left together--none of us has been promised a tomorrow in this life--and I firmly believe we will see our beloved pets in the next one. Heaven just wouldn't be Heaven without them.
In the mean time, please know that we care and that you and Blue are in our thoughts and prayers.

thank you so much for your kind words, your support is greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back