Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Therapy cat

k9guy

Lairian
So we have decided to train Gimli to be a therapy cat. His personality we feel really lends itself for this. I know he will bring a lot of joy and happinesses to the kids and adults he visits in hospitals, hospice care and nursing homes.

We have created an instagram page for him and will soon document his therapy visits as soon as he is all the way through the process.

024F6866-8E4C-48E7-8F24-B52C0ED0F4DE.jpeg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@k9guy awwhhhh ((((Hugs)))) Grimli will certainly warm and steal hearts of all he meets to make someone’s day brighter when they need it most .

Go team Gimli!

Hugs n hesd smooches!
Keep us updated often

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh, that's a great thing to do and I'm sure beautiful Gimli will bring joy to all who meet him!! {} The video of him walking on the lead is absolutely brilliant - he walks just like a dog! :D

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Following! What a cool thing to do. I would love to see pictures or videos of the training too.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@k9guy hello checking in on Gimli updates
Be sure to add to our thread

And keep us non IG or FB members updated on the lair
Hugs n head smooches

gojira14

Lairian
So we have decided to train Gimli to be a therapy cat. His personality we feel really lends itself for this. I know he will bring a lot of joy and happinesses to the kids and adults he visits in hospitals, hospice care and nursing homes.

We have created an instagram page for him and will soon document his therapy visits as soon as he is all the way through the process.

View attachment 92150

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k9guy

Lairian
Things have been going well. There is actually many things you have to do to be recognized as a therapy animal. We are just about done with the online training.

They require a “barrier” they call it when introducing an animal to someone, basically any type of blanket that you sit on someone’s lap then you can place your animal on that instead of directly placing them on the person’s clothing, gown, etc. We have been working with Gimli that the blanket we are using is a happy place, aka treat dispenser, lol while using the clicker method, it seems to be working great, he flies to wherever that blanket is at when we get it out.

The next step will be to set up an appointment so that someone from the organization can physically evaluate him and then we are ready. Will keep you all updated and we will of course be updating his instagram page. Thanks for everyone’s support....

Back