Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

There's vacancy. Anyone interested?

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Let's see. . . five vet visits in less than three months and one on its way. Yup, it's official. I am moving into the poor house. There's plenty of vacancy if anyone else wants to join me. But there is one requirement: You must love a Sphynx. :Smile:

susi794

Staff member
:Hysterical: Heck, I'm already there! I'll just scoot over a little to make room for you. The rooms are small and crowded in the poor house these days. :Hysterical:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Hysterical: Heck, I'm already there! I'll just scoot over a little to make room for you. The rooms are small and crowded in the poor house these days. :Hysterical:

Hahaha! I'll just ask Stella if I can share her little bed with her. That away, we'll leave more room for others!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm definitely in! Why is my vet so expensive?! I wish they would not even tell me the total charges - when the add it all up I get wobbly knees!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm definitely in! Why is my vet so expensive?! I wish they would not even tell me the total charges - when the add it all up I get wobbly knees!

Oh I know! Each time they list what they're planning on doing or already did, I hear "Cha-Ching"

"We're checking to make sure she is producing enough tears" -Cha Ching-
"We did a fluoroscein stain" -Cha Ching-
"We did a skin scrape" -Cha Ching-
"We're looking at the sample of the skin scrape under our microscope" -Cha Ching-
No, I'm kidding. I appreciate what they do and for being there to help keep our kiddos healthy. Truth is, I'll do whatever it takes to assure she's healthy as I know you all will do or already have done.

Even if that means being in the poor house!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know- what is it with that microscope- double cha hing! :Easy-money::LOL::LOL:
I hear microscope and I'm like crap!

But, seriously, you're right. Anything for Sophie- no matter what. I'll be in the poor house- as long as she is with me -any day.

I wish I could put her on my insurance plan as a dependent. That would be ideal. :Smile: She's my only child!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know- what is it with that microscope- double cha hing! :Easy-money::LOL::LOL:
I hear microscope and I'm like crap!

But, seriously, you're right. Anything for Sophie- no matter what. I'll be in the poor house- as long as she is with me -any day.

I wish I could put her on my insurance plan as a dependent. That would be ideal. :Smile: She's my only child!

I thought the same thing!! lol Why can't they be put on our plans? That would be AWESOME.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'll join you. If I sit down and work out what I've spent on vets bills :Dizzy::Dizzy::Dizzy:
If I need to go to the doctor's, I think 'nah not worth i, I'll be ok' If one of the cats needs to go I'm in the car before I've even rang them.

did, I hear "Cha-Ching"

That's the sound the door makes, as I enter my vets. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Brooke

Banned
No kidding...speaking of the poor house, I put myself into pre-forclosure earlier this year with Harold's vet bills. :Dizzy: Fortunately I was able to take on some extra freelance work and pull myself out of it, but I always feel like I'm one vet bill away from living in a refrigerator box!

Hopefully I can find a large enough box for me, the 4 cats, all of their beds, the scratching posts, their blankies, and I'll need to steal electricity for their automatic water fountain and the litter-robot...:LOL: can't live without the litter-robot...

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'll join you. If I sit down and work out what I've spent on vets bills :Dizzy::Dizzy::Dizzy:
If I need to go to the doctor's, I think 'nah not worth i, I'll be ok' If one of the cats needs to go I'm in the car before I've even rang them.

That's the sound the door makes, as I enter my vets. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

LOL

I think your avatar is the best example of the reaction we all have when we get to the check out.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No kidding...speaking of the poor house, I put myself into pre-forclosure earlier this year with Harold's vet bills. :Dizzy: Fortunately I was able to take on some extra freelance work and pull myself out of it, but I always feel like I'm one vet bill away from living in a refrigerator box!

Hopefully I can find a large enough box for me, the 4 cats, all of their beds, the scratching posts, their blankies, and I'll need to steal electricity for their automatic water fountain and the litter-robot...:LOL: can't live without the litter-robot...

I'm glad you were able to pull yourself out of it. We'll always have a place for you and your sphynx family! Can we share the litter-robot? :LOL:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Coco and Cleo have the vet monday.
Coco also just cost me alot at the er.
Her treatment is very expensive at the vets but I order some of the stuff online.
She must take Baytril, Azodyl ,Norvasc,Aluminium Hydroxide and Miralax everyday.
She also gets fluids every other day.
Her fluids at the vet are $40 per bag and IV set up is $40 each time also.
I now order it online.
I also have to gte Wrinkles altered soon and I do not trust cheap places.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Coco and Cleo have the vet monday.
Coco also just cost me alot at the er.
Her treatment is very expensive at the vets but I order some of the stuff online.
She must take Baytril, Azodyl ,Norvasc,Aluminium Hydroxide and Miralax everyday.
She also gets fluids every other day.
Her fluids at the vet are $40 per bag and IV set up is $40 each time also.
I now order it online.

Poor Coco. I really hope she gets better. Sounds like she has to go through a lot. :(

Brooke

Banned

I don't trust them either. When I had Walter neutered, I could have had him done for $35 but I stuck with my vet that I trust and paid $250!! I was looking at a website for one of the low-cost neuter clinics, and they had a photo of 7 cats lined up on the table all getting snipped in a row like they were on a freakin' conveyor belt...it was gross. I used to assist with neuters and I know how easy the surgery is, but still...I'd like a little more one-on-one attention paid to my pet! (Plus, this was a month after Harold died, so I wasn't taking any chances!)

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't trust them either. When I had Walter neutered, I could have had him done for $35 but I stuck with my vet that I trust and paid $250!! I was looking at a website for one of the low-cost neuter clinics, and they had a photo of 7 cats lined up on the table all getting snipped in a row like they were on a freakin' conveyor belt...it was gross. I used to assist with neuters and I know how easy the surgery is, but still...I'd like a little more one-on-one attention paid to my pet! (Plus, this was a month after Harold died, so I wasn't taking any chances!)

That's horrible! These people sound like they lack so much compassion! :Angry:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I dont blame you.
Wrinkles breeder gave me a choice.
She could have her altered for $30 and ship her now or I could take her in Sept and have it done myself.
She does not even know ketamine is not safe for sphynx.
My Vet is $130 for reg spay and $230 for lapo.
I also add on the blood tests an iv so I pay almost $400 for Sasha.`

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
For some reason this reminded me of when my mom adopted a greyhound and we were told she was fixed. Two weeks later she had her period! :Dizzy: Wonder what she did that day when she was at the vets? We were very perplexed as to why we could not see the area she was spayed. :Surprise:

Always good to do with a place you trust.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
.. I was looking at a website for one of the low-cost neuter clinics, and they had a photo of 7 cats lined up on the table all getting snipped in a row like they were on a freakin' conveyor belt...it was gross.

That's awful.

:ThreadHijack: The last two times I've been to our vet (Today and last week) she had a cat in to de-claw, it's really made me second guess whether she's the right choice for us. I know its a job for her and she has bills to pay but I'm really against de-clawing. It's banned in England, it should be here.:Cry:

The realistic part of me thinks that if an owner declaws at least that cat has a home still, and isn't put into a shelter or worse but the other part thinks :Dizzy::Cry: :ThreadHijack:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I want to know why their medication is so much too:Shok: Even though I have the insurance and the visit is free, I still walk out spending almost $200 on medicine and vitamins alone. You know it's sad when your on a first name basis with EVERYONE at the vet's and you've been there so much they can tell the littlest difference in them like "oh look she grew an extra hair on her tail...how cute". To bad the extra hair didn't give me a discount:Sad:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I want to know why their medication is so much too:Shok: Even though I have the insurance and the visit is free, I still walk out spending almost $200 on medicine and vitamins alone. You know it's sad when your on a first name basis with EVERYONE at the vet's and you've been there so much they can tell the littlest difference in them like "oh look she grew an extra hair on her tail...how cute". To bad the extra hair didn't give me a discount:Sad:

Seriously! I guess they know we'll pay it no matter what because we love them so much.

susi794

Staff member

ROFLMAO!:Hysterical::LOL::Hysterical::LOL:

Back