Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

They're black heads?!

Amelia Cooper

Lairian
We've had our Eerie since December and she's always had black discolouration on the base of her tail (she's all white/pink). Or so we thought! She was sitting next to me earlier and I tried to squeeze the discolouration to see what happened and all of this gunk came out and the black discolouration disappeared we were told when we adopted her at 12 weeks that it was just how her colouring was.

I'm so confused as not even the vet said anything about it. What can I do to get rid of it? It's literally a black mass.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Can you share a pic with us? Exfoliating gloves when bathing can help and also some shared success with using witch hazel topically helps with blackheads.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Will she let you express them? It might help to exfoliate, express as many as she will let you, then as mentioned use witch hazel over the area. You could do this 1-2 times per week until it clears up. Then you would probably only have to apply witch hazel weekly or so to keep them gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Don't feel bad about it. Black heads won't hurt her. As said you can try to pop them and clean her tail with witch hazel a few times a week

Amelia Cooper

Lairian
This is what her tail looks like. All black heads.

Attachments

• IMG_20190812_193236.jpg
    IMG_20190812_193236.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 98

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Don't feel bad; you didn't know. Now that you know, you can start cleaning it up. My new baby's tail is pretty bad too. I have been using exfoliating gloves in the bath each week, and it is getting better.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
You’ll get that cleared up in no time. That’s what’s great about this community, always encouraging and helping one another from newbies to seasoned members. Also,sharing great tips. Looking forward to your before and after pic posted.

Last edited:

SillyLily

Lairian
Oh man. Is it weird that I feel like watching a bunch of Dr. Pimple Popper videos now? I just wanna get in there and squeeze em out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not weird, unless we’re both weird :unsure: Why are popping videos so cathartic?! Sometimes I fall in to the YouTube black hole of dr pimple popper videos. it’s terrible. We found blackheads on Lily’s tail yesterday. My husband was looking at it and said “I could go nuts on this.” She complained when he popped one. Should be exciting to get this cleared up.

Back