Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Thickening of left ventricle - not HCM

Kristen G

Lairian
Hi all, Jax had his 1st heart scan at age 2 yesterday and it came back normal, no HCM! However, the cardiologist noted 1 irregularity - a small part of the left ventricle is a little denser than normal. Cardiologist said irregularities are very common in cats but since he is a sphynx, to monitor it and do another scan next yr. (was originally going to scan bi-yearly) Has anyone ever had that irrregularity come up and did it stay stable or turn into HCM down the road?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Kristen G hugs n head smooches to Jax

Going to find the recent reply on another thread :) it’s an HCM diagnosis of sweet Sasha .. different than Jax .. it has good info by Patti so wanted to share to stay positive ...

Last edited:

Kristen G

Lairian
Thank you. if anyone who has experience with this happens to stumble upon this thread, i recvd a printout of the test results and here is the part showing the findings

Attachments

• cardio.PNG
    cardio.PNG
    26 KB · Views: 26

Kristen G

Lairian
@beccerzz11 ok thanks for joining in it is reassuring to hear it may just be a common thing that can be nothing. The cardiologist said its common but to monitor because of the breed. I will be taking jax for another scan sometime between feb-april so i will update here. Positive thoughts for jax and your baby wybie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beccerzz11

Lairian
@beccerzz11 ok thanks for joining in it is reassuring to hear it may just be a common thing that can be nothing. The cardiologist said its common but to monitor because of the breed. I will be taking jax for another scan sometime between feb-april so i will update here. Positive thoughts for jax and your baby wybie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks so much. she listed everything that could go wrong and scared me but then at the end said it's very possible that's just what his heart looks like. hate when vets do that! he had a scan a few months ago and there were some weird things but everything cleared up (he was on IV fluids which explains that) except for that one mild small spot. because it hasn't gotten any worse, it's very possible that's just what he looks like! every kitty heart is different :) sending love to your kitty!

Back