Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Things that get left at the police dept!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My husband got a call that someone had left a package at the Police Dept, so we went to get it and here it is!

842.jpg

844.jpg

He is now in the very capable hands of PAWS wildlife rescue!

holly_savage

Banned
what is it? it looks like a falcon or hawk of somekind, but I am no baby bird expert...
It's so cute, I hope it does well as I know hatchlings can be hard to hand rear.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The rehabber, who is federally licensed for this, lol, said it is a hawk of some kind. Someone found it in the road, put it in the box and drove it to the police dept:Laugh:

she is feeding it blended beef hearts:Dizzy: and as it grows she feeds it mice she has to cut into pieces:Badly2:

Chick magnet:LOL::LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The rehabber, who is federally licensed for this, lol, said it is a hawk of some kind. Someone found it in the road, put it in the box and drove it to the police dept:Laugh:

she is feeding it blended beef hearts:Dizzy: and as it grows she feeds it mice she has to cut into pieces:Badly2:

Chick magnet:LOL::LOL:

:Badly::Badly2::Badly:
Well, at least you aren't the one preparing this hungry guy a raw diet.

Oooooh how exciting!

My Dad was a licensed falconer and used to work with abandoned babies as well. I grew up with them and it was such a wonderful experience! I got to help feed them and have fond memories of helping my mom and dad with them. So great having them sit on your arm to eat! We had a little Sparrow Hawk that thought he was a dog! He just loved to be around people.

That wee baby will love his beef hearts and beef liver is a good thing to feed as well. Sooner or later he we need mice and than rats as well. We used to by frozen rodents and baby chicks to feed.

Sometimes Dad would come home with live rats and baby chicks. My Mom would rescue them and we wound up with them as pets...LOL

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just wanted to update this for you guys. I got this email from his rehabber::Cry:

Sadly, the little hawk did not make it. He had an internal infestation of worms that was not detectable. I was kicking myself for missing something, while talking to someone with tons more experience, and she said that this particular sort of worms are VERY hard to detect EVEN if you are looking for it. But I still feel bad. He was adorable and I wanted SO much to watch him grow up and then release him.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Just wanted to update this for you guys. I got this email from his rehabber::Cry:

Sadly, the little hawk did not make it. He had an internal infestation of worms that was not detectable. I was kicking myself for missing something, while talking to someone with tons more experience, and she said that this particular sort of worms are VERY hard to detect EVEN if you are looking for it. But I still feel bad. He was adorable and I wanted SO much to watch him grow up and then release him.

Oh that's too sad :Cry: but you both did the right things for him and if you hadn't his fate could've been a lot worse than passing away content and looked after.

Z

Mug-ys mom said it nicely:
....his fate could've been a lot worse than passing away content and looked after.

If only all creatures could die feeling loved.

Back