Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

This is pitiful.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So I get home from work this morning and go to bed. A few hours later I woke up and went into the bathroom. There was a mouse in there running around on the floor!

I did what any sane woman would do. I screamed for the cat. "Pedda Pedda PEDDA!" You'd think the tone of my voice would have alerted her that something really interesting was going on and she might want to check it out. But the cat, the defender of fragile females against furry little bathroom invaders, wasn't forthcoming.

By now I was able to think. "I'm going to get Pedda and she'll see the mouse and catch it then I can take it away from her and throw it outside." Sounded like a good plan to me since I had no intention of battling a mouse before it had been disabled, so to speak. Ok, so I don't get any points for bravery.

I'm still yelling and the danged cat isn't coming. Alright so I gotta go fetch the lazy thing. I moved five steps back into the bedroom. And though Pedda hadn't come I have to give her credit, she did make the effort of lifting her head and looking at me like I'd lost my wits.

So I snatched her out of the nice warm bed (and was kind of glad to do so since she'd moved and snagged the prime spot right smack dab in the middle). Carried her in the bathroom just in time to see the invader crawling up a dangling towel. It reached the top then jumped over on the vanity.

Pedda saw the movement and the chase was on! The damned mouse had a field day running all over my toothbrush and perfumes and even tried to climb in the nozzle of my blow dryer. And Pedda attacked her ancient enemy, oh yes she did! She yipped and yapped and gingerly reached out a paw and touched it. And I'm thinking dang, I let her keep her claws for THIS?! Fat lotta good that did - she ain't using them!

The mouse finally jumps down and runs out into the hallway with Pedda in hot pursuit. They ran up and down the hall several times, they just kept turning around and going back and forth. I think they were both brain damaged. At one point Pedda didn't see it and stood still, howling and twitching her tail back and forth. Of course she didn't see it, the stinking mouse was literally sitting still between her hind legs; I'm surprised her tummy flab didn't squish it! I would have killed to have had my camera cause that shot would be priceless.

The mouse finally escaped by going behind the dryer. I think it got tired of teasing her. And I need to buy a new toothbrush.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
At one point Pedda didn't see it and stood still, howling and twitching her tail back and forth. Of course she didn't see it, the stinking mouse was literally sitting still between her hind legs; I'm surprised her tummy flab didn't squish it! I would have killed to have had my camera cause that shot would be priceless.

What a way to start your morning! The thought of the mouse hiding under Pedda's flab flap makes me laugh. I'm glad you finally got the mouse out.

Nair Bare

Lairian
It is often said if you see one mouse, then you have at least 20. So Pedda will get a lot more practice at her mouse skills. I can't wait to hear more of Pedda's mouse safari adventures.

Hopefully, she won't do what my Scottish Folds do. Yep, they seek out the little varmit, play with it for awhile, dispatch it and then they get even with me for every day I was a minute late feeding them. Imagine waking up and turning over in bed to see a dead mouse placed neatly on your pillow, inches from your mouth. And if the hunting was extremely good for the SFolds, you will find a couple more flat ones under your covers. I've heard the term
'sleeping with the fishes" but that seems far better than snuggling with dead mice all night!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
One time I woke up and discovered a mouse squished beneath my butt, it was awful. But if I have 20 more mice at this rate I'm gonna be overrun with them. Pedda is good with catching bugs but she doesn't seem to have the ability to move on to bigger critters like mice. I'm thinking Little Ren was solely responsible for all my "presents" cause watching Pedda was like watching the Keystone Kops.

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
OMG, I just snorted a mouthful of Pepsi out my nose! *mops off office desk and monitor*

Hopefully that at least taught Mr. Mouse a lesson and Pedda put the fear of Mouse-God into him. ;)

Thank you for the morning hysterical laughter. :)

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha! That was a great story! I could see the whole thing:Laugh: Don't feel bad, I have NINE cats...... 9........ NINE cats, all with claws, and I found mouse poop under my kitchen sink this morning!:Dizzy:

Oh this was priceless! I can just see the mouse crouching under the belly flab thinking if he sits really still she won;t find him and Pedda looking around wondering where he went!

I also had to laugh at the SF bringing the "gifts" to Nair Bare's pillow! Ewwwwwww! Not on the bed!!!! :LOL::LOL:

These were great!

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It is often said if you see one mouse, then you have at least 20. So Pedda will get a lot more practice at her mouse skills. I can't wait to hear more of Pedda's mouse safari adventures.

Hopefully, she won't do what my Scottish Folds do. Yep, they seek out the little varmit, play with it for awhile, dispatch it and then they get even with me for every day I was a minute late feeding them. Imagine waking up and turning over in bed to see a dead mouse placed neatly on your pillow, inches from your mouth. And if the hunting was extremely good for the SFolds, you will find a couple more flat ones under your covers. I've heard the term
'sleeping with the fishes" but that seems far better than snuggling with dead mice all night!

Oh yuck!!:BigSmile:

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So I get home from work this morning and go to bed. A few hours later I woke up and went into the bathroom. There was a mouse in there running around on the floor!

I did what any sane woman would do. I screamed for the cat. "Pedda Pedda PEDDA!" You'd think the tone of my voice would have alerted her that something really interesting was going on and she might want to check it out. But the cat, the defender of fragile females against furry little bathroom invaders, wasn't forthcoming.

By now I was able to think. "I'm going to get Pedda and she'll see the mouse and catch it then I can take it away from her and throw it outside." Sounded like a good plan to me since I had no intention of battling a mouse before it had been disabled, so to speak. Ok, so I don't get any points for bravery.

I'm still yelling and the danged cat isn't coming. Alright so I gotta go fetch the lazy thing. I moved five steps back into the bedroom. And though Pedda hadn't come I have to give her credit, she did make the effort of lifting her head and looking at me like I'd lost my wits.

So I snatched her out of the nice warm bed (and was kind of glad to do so since she'd moved and snagged the prime spot right smack dab in the middle). Carried her in the bathroom just in time to see the invader crawling up a dangling towel. It reached the top then jumped over on the vanity.

Pedda saw the movement and the chase was on! The damned mouse had a field day running all over my toothbrush and perfumes and even tried to climb in the nozzle of my blow dryer. And Pedda attacked her ancient enemy, oh yes she did! She yipped and yapped and gingerly reached out a paw and touched it. And I'm thinking dang, I let her keep her claws for THIS?! Fat lotta good that did - she ain't using them!

The mouse finally jumps down and runs out into the hallway with Pedda in hot pursuit. They ran up and down the hall several times, they just kept turning around and going back and forth. I think they were both brain damaged. At one point Pedda didn't see it and stood still, howling and twitching her tail back and forth. Of course she didn't see it, the stinking mouse was literally sitting still between her hind legs; I'm surprised her tummy flab didn't squish it! I would have killed to have had my camera cause that shot would be priceless.

The mouse finally escaped by going behind the dryer. I think it got tired of teasing her. And I need to buy a new toothbrush.

I love, love, love you:LOL:r story!!!!!!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL well in her defense they say hunting mice is a learned behavior....so she is obviously still learning......
Dont feel bad..I have lots of mice in my old victorian home and Nofuratu is useless! He is almost 3 and has only just started catching the mice but cant seem to kill them. So far he has brought two live mice into my bed in the early morning and puts them down and they run all over the bed and then escape....ridiculous!
Luckily our other, regular cat, a dsh is a skilled mouser!
He kills them and lays them out like he is displaying a trophy! Sometimes they are missing their heads, or he leaves just the liver and tail etc....LOL He's turned into jack the ripper...
Hope she keeps practising! Remember, praise her with positive comments...lol...and maybe she will just sit on one again andsuffocate it...I joke that Nofuratu stuns them with his breath...

Adventures of A Naked Cat

Alice has yawned in the faces of my other cats and they've made a face that seems to translate too "You're breath is nasty! Go away!" So I know the feeling.

Back