Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

This little Sphynx is in my bed!

Does your Sphynx sleep in the bed with you?

• Yes

Votes: 214 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 23 9.7%

• Total voters

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Athena is usually on top of the covers, or under by our feet, and Leo is stuck either behind my legs (if I am on my side) or between them (if I am on my back or stomach) I feel bad moving sometimes he just gets so comfy! Not so bad in the winter but in th summer:Sweat:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
He doesn't always sleep with me unless his bed is not available or if he's extra cold. Usually when he sleeps with me he's laying on my face making it somewhat uncomfortable for me.

Brooke

Banned
Athena is usualy on to of the covers, or under but by our feet, and Leo is stuck either behind my legs (if I am on my side) or between them (if I am on my back or stomach) I feel bad moving sometimes he just gets so comfy! Not so bad in the winter but in th summer:Sweat:

That's so true. I'll wake up in the middle of the night, sweating, with a back ache or a cramp and I'll just lay there and be uncomfortable because I don't want to disturb the sleeping cat! :LOL:

I wish he'd think about that when he's jumping on my face at 5 o'clock in the morning.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I actually bought Meecho a bed to put on my bed in hopes of trying to contain her to a certain area. The only problem that we have is she can't stand to sleep towards my back and I'm a tosser. So now she won't sleep anywhere but in her bed but if I flip over she walks to the other side and tries to pull her bed with her and cries and cries until I fix her bed up so it's now facing me. Of course once I make her bed I need to flip again and the drama goes on all night. I tried getting rid of the bed but she is so addicted to it now I can't do anything. To make things even worse she has to have her blankie on the bed and she has to have the bed under my covers....does it ever end :Hysterical:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I actually bought Meecho a bed to put on my bed in hopes of trying to contain her to a certain area. The only problem that we have is she can't stand to sleep towards my back and I'm a tosser. So now she won't sleep anywhere but in her bed but if I flip over she walks to the other side and tries to pull her bed with her and cries and cries until I fix her bed up so it's now facing me. Of course once I make her bed I need to flip again and the drama goes on all night. I tried getting rid of the bed but she is so addicted to it now I can't do anything. To make things even worse she has to have her blankie on the bed and she has to have the bed under my covers....does it ever end :Hysterical:

Hahhaha, you and me both! Ball doesn't like to sleep at my back either and I'm also a tosser and turner. He's getting better about not always having to be in front of me though.

Brooke

Banned
Great I'm sending Meecho to you so you can train her :BigSmile:

I'm telling you, Kalliee, you should start working on your family to let you get another sphynx. Three nights in a row now, Walter has slept THE ENTIRE NIGHT!! All because he's got Helen now to wear him out during the day. :ThumbsUp:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Actually I am very proud of my baby girl. Since Saturday night she has limited her night time adventures until 11:30-12am, then comes to bed and sleeps the rest of the night...except for the bed thing. I think my big problem is that I am definately owned by my cat. I give in way to much. It's weird because in some ways she is sooooooo well behaved. People are always shocked how she listens on command and I'm the only one in the house who can tame her, but I also let her get away with more then I should. Like the stomach bites that just make me laugh. I found out she's been doing that to others in the house which just adds to all the things they hate about her. It's hard because literally everyone except my mom hates her and my mom gets so tired and frustrated with her she is border line massive dislike. The way they describe her when I'm gone you would think her head was spinning and she was spewing pea soup :Laugh:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Piglet likes to sleep right next to me, with her head on my pillow and her body under the covers just like a person! She sleeps through the night...when she's at my house, that is. When I take her to my fiance's house, she meows and moves around a lot during the night...I think because she feels insecure and out of place there.

PitBullLove

Lairian
No! I think I'm the only one that voted No! lol I wish she did. My other cat does and I was hoping Diva would as well, but she GOES GOES GOES all night! lol She's only been with us a short time, so I'm hoping that will change and eventually she'll settle down with us at night.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No! I think I'm the only one that voted No! lol I wish she did. My other cat does and I was hoping Diva would as well, but she GOES GOES GOES all night! lol She's only been with us a short time, so I'm hoping that will change and eventually she'll settle down with us at night.

I'll give you a week. I'm betting either tonight or tomorrow night she'll curled up next to you. If not by then, definitely within the week. She sounds like she is really excited. Oh wait, she's a little older huh? Still I bet it won't take long.

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Scrotie starts off on my chest licking my face for a good 10 mins :Kissed:, purring like a chainsaw, than he nestles into my armpit and off to sleep he goes! By the morning hes usually under the covers by my feet.

PitBullLove

Lairian
I'll give you a week. I'm betting either tonight or tomorrow night she'll curled up next to you. If not by then, definitely within the week. She sounds like she is really excited. Oh wait, she's a little older huh? Still I bet it won't take long.

She is three. :) No doubt she's a bit anxious with the change. I'm wondering if my other cat is givin' her the stink eye on the sly so she doesn't want to come lie down with us. Things have gotten better between them but my resident cat did have her nose out of joint for a bit there! lol

Brooke

Banned
She is three. :) No doubt she's a bit anxious with the change. I'm wondering if my other cat is givin' her the stink eye on the sly so she doesn't want to come lie down with us. Things have gotten better between them but my resident cat did have her nose out of joint for a bit there! lol

The new girl I just adopted a few weeks ago is 12. She lived most of her life in a habitat outside, and had probably never slept in a bed next to a human before.

It took her 6 days to get in the bed with me. :LOL:

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kreacher is not allowed in the bedroom while we are trying to sleep. He will stop at nothing to keep us awake. He tries to suckle on body parts, and tries to dig in various places, and head buts you to no end. I've tried many times but end up throwing him out of the room! Sorry Kreacher, if only you would just lay down and sleep!!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kramer sleeps with us & he is great at night but if we try to lay there after the alarm goes off he has a fit! Lol. He goes behind our headboard since it is away from the wall a bit & hits us in the head!

k9closet

Lairian
I couldn't sleep without my 2. :LOL:
Harry starts out on my stomach and then we roll over on our side (facing each other and he "makes biscuits" until he falls asleep. Gigi likes to sleep behind my legs. (both of them completely covered)
Gigi is the first to wake, and when she is up... she wants you up!
We have to keep the sink and dresser clear because every morning she knocks things off and if that doesn't work, she will nibble at your ears or face. She is a stinker, but she knows it works everytime! :Smile:

Last edited:

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So k9closet, you have yourself a little baker to huh, lol...I figure whats the harm in it, as long as he dosent try to suckle me:LOL:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So k9closet, you have yourself a little baker to huh, lol...I figure whats the harm in it, as long as he dosent try to suckle me:LOL:

:LOL: My cat Midnight did that. He would get so into the kneading that next thing you know he would put his head down on my shoulder and a couple minutes later I would feel little nips and suckles to my neck. That I could deal with, it was the drool that would fall from his mouth. I would wake up so wet it was gross.

k9closet

Lairian
:LOL: I sure do, both of my Sphynx are bakers!
They like to touch skin! Forget it if you have a t shirt and hoodie and put them in between them, they will scratch at you until you lift up the t shirt and they can be on your skin. I think they like the warmth. :Smile:
It is funny, when I have guest over, they will try to do that to them (sometimes crawling in from the TOP of your shirt and scratching until you let them in) YOu should see peoples faces when I tell them what the kitties want! :LOL:
They have my family "trained" when they visit, but the poor people who haven't been here, well..... :LOL:

PitRottMommy

Banned
My three all sleep on me. Not Jason. Just me.

Buffy wants to be under the covers, either on my chest or in my armpit. Buck either wants to sleep on my stomach or by my side and Baldwin wants to sleep between my legs.

Buck and Buffy grew up together and haven't been apart since conception. Buck snuggles with Buffy all the time. If he gets particularly happy, he sucks on her. A loud, wet wake-you-out-of-a-dead-sleep noise. Bleh!! I don't even think he knows he's doing it.

Back