Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Thoughts on taste of the wild duck and quail dry food

Celiortega88

Lairian
I’m thinking of switching my girl to taste of the wild dry food. I don’t want to get her the chicken recipe because she has bad reactions to chicken so I was thinking of getting her the duck and quail flavor. Has anyone tried this and had success with it?

Sheldon13

Staff member
Never tried that brand. Only thing I would say is make sure it doesn’t have chicken in it. Sometimes the label will say “poultry liver” or just “liver” and not be specific about the source. In that case you could call the company and they could tell you.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Sheldon13

Staff member
I just looked it up and it contains chicken meal. Sorry to disappoint. You might try finding a limited ingredient diet so there is guaranteed only one protein source. Instinct makes one.

Celiortega88

Lairian
Never tried that brand. Only thing I would say is make sure it doesn’t have chicken in it. Sometimes the label will say “poultry liver” or just “liver” and not be specific about the source. In that case you could call the company and they could tell you.

What brand are you feeding? I’m a newbie and I’m trying to find her a good dry food that won’t cause her problems. I tried the raw diet and she would rather starve than touch the food.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Instinct limited ingredient. I recommend going with rabbit as it’s rare for rabbit to be an allergen.

Sheldon13

Staff member
15d3c817d3cf93cb224543804c6c3352.jpg

NYC Andrea

Lairian
I’m thinking of switching my girl to taste of the wild dry food. I don’t want to get her the chicken recipe because she has bad reactions to chicken so I was thinking of getting her the duck and quail flavor. Has anyone tried this and had success with it?

We love taste of the wild in our house! Fluff eats wet/nearly raw (rehydrated freeze dried) food for the most part and gets a little kibble for overnight snacking. I rotate between taste of the wild, Instinct, Sella and Chewy’s, Merrick and Orijens. I find Fluff likes Orijens the most, but she’ll scarf off and then want more so I often buy the little sample bag and mix it into whatever brand we have at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back