Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Throwing up.

Pbinky

Banned
I just got home from work and Skinny started throwing up. He threw up part of his breakfast (raw cornish hen). i feed him breakfast at 8 am and it's now 4 pm.... that's really odd that he didn't digest...??? Now i'm worried about giving him raw meat for dinner tonight...
Any ideas???

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Throwing up is a part of a kitties life. I wouldn't worry too much just yet. Maybe supplement with a little dry food. He's probably hungry again after losing his lunch. I hope he's not acting funny. Just before Butterball spews, he gets real anxious. He'll meow really loudly when you pick him up. Normally he just squeaks when picking him up.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor boy! Mine did that this morning too! Ate his breakfast then spewed it all over his radiator bed! :Badly: Sometimes he bolts his food down and brings it straight back up!

I hope it's the same for Pbinky and nothing else.

Hugs for poorly boy X

PitRottMommy

Banned
I just got home from work and Skinny started throwing up. He threw up part of his breakfast (raw cornish hen). i feed him breakfast at 8 am and it's now 4 pm.... that's really odd that he didn't digest...??? Now i'm worried about giving him raw meat for dinner tonight...
Any ideas???

How many times has he thrown up, Pbinky? Is this the first time you fed him cornish game hen? If you noticed that he didn't digest the food, the chances are pretty good it just upset his stomach. If he vomits over 6 times in a 24 hour period, however, he needs to see your vet no matter the suspected cause.

Pbinky

Banned
He's only thrown up the once but it was 8 hours after he ate and it was undigested. This isn't the first time he's had cornish hen... he loves to eat it and in fact this is the first time i've seen Skinny throw up. He's acting normal, running around with his brother and i just had dinner and he was up on the table trying to steal my steak:Surprise:

The only meat i have thawed is the other half of the cornish hen.... should i feed the boys the hen??

How many times has he thrown up, Pbinky? Is this the first time you fed him cornish game hen? If you noticed that he didn't digest the food, the chances are pretty good it just upset his stomach. If he vomits over 6 times in a 24 hour period, however, he needs to see your vet no matter the suspected cause.

PitRottMommy

Banned
He's only thrown up the once but it was 8 hours after he ate and it was undigested. This isn't the first time he's had cornish hen... he loves to eat it and in fact this is the first time i've seen Skinny throw up. He's acting normal, running around with his brother and i just had dinner and he was up on the table trying to steal my steak:Surprise:

The only meat i have thawed is the other half of the cornish hen.... should i feed the boys the hen??

Sounds like an isolated incident. Given he's livin' it up, I wouldn't get too worried.

Offer the food tomorrow and see if he regurgitates it. If so, I'd stay away from this protein. It may not be that he doesn't love it, it may be that he can't handle it.

Brooke

Banned
It's pretty common in my house...Helen is notorious for the "scarf and barf". I have to feed her separately from the other cats or she eats too fast and it all comes right back up.

...then all 4 of them run over and eat it all over again...mmm, tasty! :Badly:

Pbinky

Banned
In the evenings the kitties eat a lot less than they do in the morning so Skinny did have a bit of dinner and then went back to playing with his brother... no throwing up. So this morning for breakfast they will eat the last bit of the cornish hen and i'll keep my fingers crossed that Skinny doesn't throw it up. If he does... no more cornish hen. I just found it odd that it took him 8 hours to throw up... poor little guy, he must have had an upset tummy all day :ThumbsDown:

Nicnaknom

Lairian
Hi, I am at my wits end and hoped you guys could help?
I have a lazy bambino sphynx cat called Saul. He eats constantly if the food isn't removed and makes himself sick! Ie why I ended up here for advice, he's now starting to wee outside of his litter tray, like literally in front of it! I'm so furious about it! No suggestion why and the trays are clean (I have 2). He sometimes suffers with flaky skins if I take his wet food off him and only feed him dry and I have to supplement him with salmon oil on his dry food or eventually revert back to wet food on an evening with freah oily fish twice a week and chicken on occasion. This weeing on the floor has got me going crazy and any suggestions would be more than welcome xx

Sheldon13

Staff member
Hi, I am at my wits end and hoped you guys could help?
I have a lazy bambino sphynx cat called Saul. He eats constantly if the food isn't removed and makes himself sick! Ie why I ended up here for advice, he's now starting to wee outside of his litter tray, like literally in front of it! I'm so furious about it! No suggestion why and the trays are clean (I have 2). He sometimes suffers with flaky skins if I take his wet food off him and only feed him dry and I have to supplement him with salmon oil on his dry food or eventually revert back to wet food on an evening with freah oily fish twice a week and chicken on occasion. This weeing on the floor has got me going crazy and any suggestions would be more than welcome xx

It would be good to start your own thread on this.

It sounds like he would benefit from scheduled meals and a routine.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Back