Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Thundershirt for constant meowing / anxiety?

Chester

Lairian
Hi, does anyone have experience with a constantly meowing Sphynx?

We're thinking of getting the ThunderShirt for anxiety as seen here:

Maybe this product will help or maybe we'll ask the vet if we can use some kind of calming supplements or meds.

I've posted here several times about this topic. It's probably a Sphynx trait, but our cat meows too much. He's in fine health, just got a check up, but he always meows at us and it's very distracting and hard to deal with. His bowl is full... he meows. He stands outside our door or across the room... he meows loudly, almost wailing. We play with him, it stops a bit, but he'll start up again soon enough.

Thanks.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Chester our crew is very talkative and yes it can be annoying but I find introducing a toy they love helps big time. Luckily all of ours are lovers of catnip. I don’t recall is your boy neutered?

Chester

Lairian
Yes he is neutered. 8 years old.

He’s never really reacted one way or another with catnip. I guess I can try a new toy but he loses interest fast haha.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
After having more info, I’d suggest having a block of time every day you can try to tire them out playing with toys…other option is trying to throw a soft blanket in the dryer and entice them with heat and calm moments.

Back