Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Time for a dental!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey everyone! Hope all is well. I'm trying to get caught up on everything! I scheduled a dental for Stella this Wednesday. The vet and I talked about what will go on and she already agreed to use the Iso. She says she prefers the gas maintenance over anything else, which was a real relief. The use of sedation always makes me nervous, but I trust all will go well. I did some reading here on the site again, but of course I have to ask you all if there is there anything else I should know about a dental? Anything I should avoid or look forward to?

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Make sure no ketamine is injected either.

Oh yeah, I made sure they didn't use Ketamine. My vet does not like Ketamine and says she does not use it. We both agreed on the Iso, which is her first choice on many occasions.

Last edited:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The Iso is what was used for Wrinkles when she was altered.
Kay lost Gimmies during a dental so I am very scared of having one done.
The vet said Cleo might need one soon.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The Iso is what was used for Wrinkles when she was altered.
Kay lost Gimmies during a dental so I am very scared of having one done.
The vet said Cleo might need one soon.

Oh that's so sad, M2M. :Cry: That's really scary... I am nervous about this being done, but I know it is needed.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
For everyone worried about putting your pet under anesthetic and even if you are not worried, I reccomend paying an extra $50 for I.V fluids.
This will give access to the vien if there is an emergency, without having to worry about finding a vein. to inject lifesaving meds.
It will also prevent dehydration so your pet will feel less "hungover" after waking up.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have that done everytime and none of my cats have ever come home messed up from the vet I use now.
Before they did.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Her dental went perfect. The only thing that wasn't perfect was her attitude when we picked her up. She was cranky, but I couldn't blame her. lol :Smile:

Back