Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tiny Dragons

Bebedragns9000

Lairian
Hi there,

Does any one know what the normal weight should be for a 10 week old sphynx kitten? Are Sphynx smaller than the average breed? Thanks.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bebedragns9000 welcoming you amd your baby to the lair family
Glad you are posting with us :)
Do you have a pic ? name of your baby ?

How much does he eat? Feeding routine ...
being nakid , they have a higher metabolism
Has he /she had a wellness check at the vet ..
Alwsy good to get a baseline and inquire about poo sample check , dewormed at the vet .
Surely members with kittens will chime in :)
@Catzzzmeow and several members have kitten experience

Several of us do have petite sphynx as well as larger sphynx ,

Male or female kitten ?

Last edited:

Bebedragns9000

Lairian
We have a boy (Gonzo) and a girl (Fidget) from the same litter. We brought them home on Sunday and they had there first vet check today. Fidget is 0.7kg and Gonzo is 0.6kg. We got them from a family who bred their pets (unregistered) and he said they are 10 weeks old today but the vet says they are so small she thinks they are closer to 6-7weeks?? They are fully weaned, very playful..I'm feeding them four times a day still with dry food and hot water added. I met both the parents and they weren't very big... I just wonder if it is possible they genuinely are 10 weeks and not 7?
15579512589624763316666044232057.jpg
15579513569695363266883876187561.jpg
20190512_181737.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bebedragns9000 awhhh adrowbles ! Offical Happy Gonzo and Fidget Gotcha !
look forward to your journey with us with lots of pics and tales!

Vets are usually darn good at ages ..
Surely members willing chime in with their experiences with sphynx babies on determining age

They will thrive with all your love and care !
Jump in and ask any questions
We all learn and grow together here for the love of nakids :)

I found my littermates very bonded ...
It’s amazing to watch them together

Hugs n head smooches!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair! Your babies are adorable. Does your vet have experience with Sphynx? Vet’s usually determine age by teeth, but since they are so young it would be hard, so they are probably going by size. They can look so small because there in no hiding underneath a fluff of fur in a hairy cat. 10 weeks is even very early to bring home a Sphynx kitten...most breeders do not allow until 12-14 sometimes 16 weeks. Just keep a close eye on them the slightest thing that looks off like eye discharge, sneezing etc, don’t wait just get another vert check just in case because they are still fragile and even at 10 weeks their immune system is still weak.

Congratulations...your life has officially changed forever. @Bebedragns9000

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have a boy (Gonzo) and a girl (Fidget) from the same litter. We brought them home on Sunday and they had there first vet check today. Fidget is 0.7kg and Gonzo is 0.6kg. We got them from a family who bred their pets (unregistered) and he said they are 10 weeks old today but the vet says they are so small she thinks they are closer to 6-7weeks?? They are fully weaned, very playful..I'm feeding them four times a day still with dry food and hot water added. I met both the parents and they weren't very big... I just wonder if it is possible they genuinely are 10 weeks and not 7? View attachment 92751View attachment 92752View attachment 92753
Hello there nice to meet you ! Your babies are super stunning ! Did the breeder give you a vet card were they were vet checked and wormed and had first injection ? I got both mine at 15 weeks , and even though they don’t go out side I had them both chipped .. better safe than sorry ,,
They are both really stunning , if your vet thinks 6-7 it could be possible this is why I asked about the vet card from your breeder . If one was really small that one could be smallest of the little but they both look very similar in size .. if they are eating drinking and going potty they should be fine and flourish with your love ! They do need kitten wet food and kitten dry food , I still feed my two four times a day plus they have access to dry food 24/7 ... I saw you are also from the uk. ! That’s great not many of us on the forum .. I hope you love the forum as much as the rest of us , they are all really nice so helpful and drama free !! Can’t wait for constant pictures of your little ones ! How did you chose their names ? I love them xx❤❤❤Xxx

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Bebedragns9000 welcome to sphynxlair! What cuties you have. Totally adorable.
When my girl Foxy came to me she was 12 weeks old and weighed 0,99 kg. This was very tiny for her age. They gain weight fast in those weeks so 0.7 kg and 0.6 kg could be okay with 10 weeks old. But the rule here in the Netherlands is that a sphynx should weigh 1 kg before he moves to his new home in case they get sick and lose weight due to diarrhea.
Just keep a close eye on them. As long as they eat,drink and play and don’t have diarrhea they will be allright.