Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Toasty! Or A Typical Day In October For Cleo and Markie

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hiii Ever’buddy! It’z getting cooold here in Kansas, so Mommie an’ Daddieo turned the hot on! Now, ya’ll May remember beer that back in Nevada, we hadda go up to a shelf 12 feet up the wall and argue over who gotta get all the hot!
Well, here, the hot comes out on the floor!!! So Stinky Markie an’ me have LOTSA places we c’n git hot! Here’s Stinky toasting himself inna bathroom!
3DF93CA4-1A87-4050-933D-4699E5FC6D71.jpeg

Here I am toasting inna Dining Room!
707E60DD-0101-4567-AA64-F8DC5F14DEB1.jpeg

Next, we will show ya’ll whut we do after we toast!
Edited to change Barroom to Bathroom!

Attachments

Last edited:

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So after we toast, I hafta git to work! Lately, Mommie haz been home a LOT, so I work with her! Here we are weaving on one of her small looms!
EE243FA9-8A99-4ED9-9E44-B69BD590A03D.jpeg

This pic waz taken a week ago when it waz warm, but we are still weaving even today!

Hallo Everybody,
Mr. Marcus Antonius Anubis here now. I had to wrestle Miss Cleopatra in order to get the IPad away from her, but I have it now! Miss Cleopatra did a pretty good job showing you how we toast ourselves, and how she helps Mum weave. Now, she would like you all to think that I don’t do anything but bother her. However, I work very hard. There are a lot of birdies and squirrels that must be watched, and there is a black furry cat who likes to sit in our front yard, and I have to yell out the windows at him! I do my war cry and tell him that this is MY HOUSE and that he must GO AWAY!!! But a lot of my day is helping Daddieo “write” his books. He thinks that Miss Cleopatra and I help him most of the time, but we are actually the brains behind his Tony Mandolin books! WE actually write them, while he PRETENDS to write them!
44D19DF6-D2D0-476A-9AEF-753E68618C6D.jpeg

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Cleopatra Beers they certainly do seek heat. I assume you guys are excited about upcoming holidays in your new home. Are you enjoying cooler weather now that you are out of the desert?

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Glad to hear there are lots of spots to catch all the warms. You all look very sassy and happy in your new home. Julie, are you teaching? Do you like the new place? Glad to hear that Bob has so much help. Sphynx are very helpful. Many skills for many jobs.

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So after we toast, I hafta git to work! Lately, Mommie haz been home a LOT, so I work with her! Here we are weaving on one of her small looms!
View attachment 88149
This pic waz taken a week ago when it waz warm, but we are still weaving even today!

Hallo Everybody,
Mr. Marcus Antonius Anubis here now. I had to wrestle Miss Cleopatra in order to get the IPad away from her, but I have it now! Miss Cleopatra did a pretty good job showing you how we toast ourselves, and how she helps Mum weave. Now, she would like you all to think that I don’t do anything but bother her. However, I work very hard. There are a lot of birdies and squirrels that must be watched, and there is a black furry cat who likes to sit in our front yard, and I have to yell out the windows at him! I do my war cry and tell him that this is MY HOUSE and that he must GO AWAY!!! But a lot of my day is helping Daddieo “write” his books. He thinks that Miss Cleopatra and I help him most of the time, but we are actually the brains behind his Tony Mandolin books! WE actually write them, while he PRETENDS to write them!
View attachment 88150

WHAT ???? You moved ???? To Kansas ??? Where in Kansas !! ?? I have not been here in a while and WOW You guys moved ??? I used to live in Junction City KS. Loved it there .

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Cleopatra Beers they certainly do seek heat. I assume you guys are excited about upcoming holidays in your new home. Are you enjoying cooler weather now that you are out of the desert?
Hi Patti—we are really enjoying Fall weather in our new location. Although it got cold really fast-last Wednesday was 80 degrees and tonite is around 30-I am really glad to be out of the desert. We haven’t seen a single scorpion since we moved, much to Cleo’s disgust. The holidays will be fun to decorate for, and especially since I have time to decorate.
I am worried about Cleo a bit; she is showing a lot more allergy reactions. She is allergic to the topical flea meds, and she gets really itchy a lot. But we found a spray on the Internet that calms the itchies, and we are giving her salmon oil (which she is loving), which seems to be helping. Markie is healthy and just chugging along, being the lovable pest.

Glad to hear there are lots of spots to catch all the warms. You all look very sassy and happy in your new home. Julie, are you teaching? Do you like the new place? Glad to hear that Bob has so much help. Sphynx are very helpful. Many skills for many jobs.
Hi Nina—we are really loving the new place. Even with our adult son living with us for the time being, we have much more room in this house, and we love the fact that it isn’t a cookie-cutter house, like the ones we lived in in Nevada. I was going to be teaching, but the school district that hired me pulled a stunt that happens in districts across the nation. They wait until just before school starts and then pile on duties on top of the teachers’ regular duties. In this case, the administrators conviently forgot to tell me about duties that they expected me to do that I would not be able to do because of my disability. I have a visible disability-I walk with a cane, and struggle to climb stairs and get into trucks, vans and buses. But the administrators let 2 of my future colleagues tell me about the extra duties, 4 days into my contracted year. I immediately quit, because administrators were not available to talk to me, and I told the district rep that I wouldn’t have taken the job if I knew the entire scope.
A month later, the district billed me for $2000.00 for “liquidated damages.” I had to get our friend who is a judge in LA to write a letter outlining all the ways I could sue them, if they wanted to pursue their liquidated damages. I also got the Democratic candidate for Governor and the Republican State Senator for my district to both contact the school board.
3 long weeks later, the district sent me a very short letter stating that they had reconsidered, and I didn’t owe them anything. Now I am debating sueing them for damages under ADA.
So, long story short, no, I am not teaching at this time. I am waiting for a background check to go through so I can substitute at another school district. I am also knitting, weaving, sewing and spinning, when I am not a lap for Queen Cleo.
I sometimes wonder about how much I would get done if I didn’t have Sphynxie help, but then Cleo snuggles down a little deeper into my lap, and I grab some weaving. We are content.;):p:LOL:

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

WHAT ???? You moved ???? To Kansas ??? Where in Kansas !! ?? I have not been here in a while and WOW You guys moved ??? I used to live in Junction City KS. Loved it there .
Whoa!!! Hi Assi!! I was wondering if I would see you again on here! I hope everything is okay with you and your crew.
Yeah, I turned 62 last year and retired from my job with the fifth-largest school district in the nation. We sold our house for an astounding amount of money in 3 days in the hottest real estate market in the nation, and finally got to move away from Las Vegas, after 21 years living there. We’re in Topeka, in a 1925 Craftsman home, and we love it.
Cleo and Markie weren’t too happy to spend 3 days in the car and 6 nights in hotels, and Markie went catatonic when we moved into the house with no furniture. It took a week for our furniture to catch up with us, but that was at the beginning of June. The nightmares from that time are actually almost gone!;)
I like Junction City, and I love that we live 20 minutes from one of the largest knitting, weaving and spinning stores in the US.
Do you ever come down here from Michigan? We actually want to visit up there at some point. Bob’s family was big in the Ford Motor Company until about 1975, and his mother went to school in Greenfield Village outside of Detroit. We have no family left, but I would like to see Greenfield Village, since I’ve heard so many stories about it.
Cleo and Marcus want to go to bed, so I have to go! Great to see you’re still around!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Those warm spots look great Cleo and Marcus. We think they will keep you warm through winter. Cleo, you are the best weaver and knows how to keep mommy going. And Marcus, chasing birds away is a very important job! You're keeping the family safe.
Oh wow, so cool that you're the brains behond Tony Mandolin. Mommy likes these stories a lot!

Hugs,
The Dutch Four

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Whoa!!! Hi Assi!! I was wondering if I would see you again on here! I hope everything is okay with you and your crew.
Yeah, I turned 62 last year and retired from my job with the fifth-largest school district in the nation. We sold our house for an astounding amount of money in 3 days in the hottest real estate market in the nation, and finally got to move away from Las Vegas, after 21 years living there. We’re in Topeka, in a 1925 Craftsman home, and we love it.
Cleo and Markie weren’t too happy to spend 3 days in the car and 6 nights in hotels, and Markie went catatonic when we moved into the house with no furniture. It took a week for our furniture to catch up with us, but that was at the beginning of June. The nightmares from that time are actually almost gone!;)
I like Junction City, and I love that we live 20 minutes from one of the largest knitting, weaving and spinning stores in the US.
Do you ever come down here from Michigan? We actually want to visit up there at some point. Bob’s family was big in the Ford Motor Company until about 1975, and his mother went to school in Greenfield Village outside of Detroit. We have no family left, but I would like to see Greenfield Village, since I’ve heard so many stories about it.
Cleo and Marcus want to go to bed, so I have to go! Great to see you’re still around!
TOPEKA ??? Omg I bought my first Vacuum cleaner in Topeka back in the day, when I first came to the USA! ha That was the biggest city nearby Junction City ( I am sure J C is much nicer now then back in the day, it had only ONE Hardware Store and 2 Grocery stores and they were just building a Walmart , we had to go to Manhattan to go to a small Mall ) .
Of course I come here , here and there , not as often as back in the day, but I am so busy with my Gang and so we have 3 Dogs now and 2 sphynx , they keep me busy and I have a full time Job, trying to get another part time job. My Husband got really big into the Greyhound Adoption business and is doing that besides his full-time Job with ........ Ford Motor Company ! His whole family worked for Ford Motor comp. His Dad retired from there after 45 years a few years back , his Grandfather helped build Greenfield village .
My Dad just came to visit from Germany and we went to Greenfield Village with him and he loved it. They also had a really old Car show there and that made it even more interesting.
Greenfield Village is a super Trip, you need more then one Day in there if you want to see the Museum, the Houses and Tour the Rouge Factory Tour , You need at least 3 Days there .
I don't live far from Greenfield Village, we deff have to meet up when You come !
Oh the Housing market is insane, my Husband was even thinking about selling ours, because it doubled in Value. But I keep telling him, but then we have to find something again !! So we wait till he retires and then probably Sell and move in a cheaper State ( Michigan is quite expensive ) .
Hugs to the Babies !!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sorry to hear about all you job issues. What a headache. That is not cool. I'm glad you are all settling in yo the house and getting lots of lap time with Cleo. If you come up to Michigan let me know I live about 2 hours from Detroit.

susi794

Staff member
And I live 2.5-3 hours from Detroit also.
Loved your pics and wintering story in your new house!
Much love,
Susi and the gang

cleozmama

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad everyone is adjusting to life in Topeka! I almost forgot to send you this...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from your birthday sharing Lairian!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@assibassi , @susi794 , and @NinaGato , we should have a Midwestern Sphynxlair get-together one day, much like the one that happened with Susi, Admin, Sphynxkid, and ILoveMyCat on the East Coast a few years ago. That one looked like so much fun! But I am just beginning to earn extra money now, so it will be a while before we can do much more traveling.
Maybe next summer or fall...

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Glad everyone is adjusting to life in Topeka! I almost forgot to send you this...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY from your birthday sharing Lairian!
Thanks Kim! Happy (belated) birthday back atcha! Only the BEST people share October birthdays! And what a cute video. Reminds me of a Scarlet Macaw my in laws had a while ago. I had a great b-day, and hope yours was great top!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Julie, that sounds like fun to have a get together. I totally understand about saving up for a trip. I was supposed to go to Nashville in Sept but had to cancel all the plans because I wound up with an infection in my hand for eight weeks.....yuck and extra bills. Sad I lost my vacation but happy to still have my finger.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Julie, that sounds like fun to have a get together. I totally understand about saving up for a trip. I was supposed to go to Nashville in Sept but had to cancel all the plans because I wound up with an infection in my hand for eight weeks.....yuck and extra bills. Sad I lost my vacation but happy to still have my finger.
Ouch! I would hate to have to deal with a hand infection. I am always using my hands, so that would be awful. Glad you’re okay now. Good luck with the bills.

susi794

Staff member
Might be great! Depends how I am feeling though.....I go through long bouts of being sick at a time. But I would love to!