Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Today's a great day!

Bella07

Banned
Well, today's a great day for several reasons!

1) This is my 1,000 post on Sphynx Lair :Laugh:

2) The contractor's have finally left my extremely stressful kitchen renovation. (Which is almost done, I'll post pictures once everything is cleaned and decorated!)

3) I have a date in my mind as to when I hope to put a deposit on a Sphynx Kitten of my own---- March 1, 2011.

As to point # 3....I know, March is sooooo far away! But, I figure that will be the best point in my life to bring home my dream of owning a Sphynx. We are doing so many house renovations, it wouldn't be fair to bring a kitten home under such filthy and dangerous conditions. And, we hope to be finished with the renovations sometime in January. But, in January---it's winter here, and I really don't think the freezing weather would be fair to my little Sphynx kitten, especially when my old house doesn't have great heat! Lastly, summer time is my favorite time of year. What would be better than bringing home my little bundle of love during beautiful weather? That way, I can socialize him, and show him off to everyone I know!

So....Hopefully my kitten will be born in early March, I can make a deposit, and comes home around late June! Well, there it goes. The long wait begins, but I'm happy about it. I feel this is all best for my kitten and everyone involved, plus, it will be worth it in the long run. 6 months isn't that far away :Wink:

Just had to share. Today's a great day :ThumbsUp:

That is wonderful Bella!!!!! I hope that your kitchen turned out to be what you had hoped for. especially all the things that were going on with that contractor! Can't wait to see pictures!

And yay for a March kitten! I agree, what a better way to bring in summer than with a wee bundle of wrinkly joy!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's awesome. Bella! I think it's great that you have a viable plan in place. You're not rushing into getting a sphynx, but waiting until it'll be the right time for both your family and the kitten. I'm sure you will be SO happy once that day comes when you finally adopt the sphynx of your dreams!

P.S. Good luck, too, on all the contractor work...sounds like your house will be a dream, too, once it's all finished!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so glad the kitchen reno will be done. WHEW. It sounds like you have made some solid plans. It will be worth the wait and you will feel comfortable when all the renos are behind you. Then you can be a devoted Sphynx mommy. Yay :LOL:

Bella07

Banned
Thanks Everyone! I am so excited and can't wait to be a Sphynx Mommy all on my own. But, Sphynx Lair will have to keep me Sphynx fullfilled till then! :Wink:

Bella07

Banned
OH NO. What do you know?

NOW there is a Sphynx boy, 1 years old, red and white, for adoption in my city.

What are the odds? After I decide to wait till next year for a baby, Craigslist decides to tempt me into this Sphynx.

Of course, just my luck!

Yes, I emailed them. Just to see. It's tempting. Of course.

Bella07

Banned
Well, they emailed me a picture this morning per my request--He's pretty handsome! Doesn't have blue eyes as I have been dreaming to have in a Sphynx and wouln't do well in the alter class at all, but, he's still really cute, as they all are. :Smile:

So, I asked them what they were asking for an adoption fee, but haven't heard back from them yet. I'll keep you updated! If it's meant to be, then he'll be in my life. If not, he'll find another great home! I'm sure of it.

Back