Today's Adventures!

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Tails' started by carakitty, Jul 7, 2018.

1. carakitty

carakittyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $3,739.54
    Ratings:
    +420
    • Blue Sphynx
    • Bumble Bee
    • Hamster
    • Pig
    First was spa day! I did Uber's mani and he wasn't too happy about it but it went quickly and he got a treat after. Then my daughter and I teamed up to slay the dishes monster and I scrubbed the kitchen sink out well to see if that would be easier than the bath tub. It was definitely easier. I feel like I haven't gotten my groove with the bathing part yet but the ears and nails went well. He got more treats and tons of cuddles from my daughter and I when he was wrapped up in the hoodie towel.

Uber also had his first outing with me today! We went to the pet supply store to get a couple days of food for him. Next week we will pick up his large shipment and I wanted to test how he reacted to the car first. Not surprisingly he meowed almost non stop on the way to the store. He doesn't like being closed in the kennel but I don't let kitties loose in the car anymore.

I hand carried him into the store, haltered and leashed and he squirmed to get down right as we were going through the door. We were greeted by an associate right away who gave Uber pets and sweet talk and commented that people don't usually bring their cats in.

We met a nice couple who had never met a Sphynx in person before so they took turns holding the leash for their brindle pitty-type dog the next aisle over and came over to give pets. We discussed how the personality of a Sphynx is kind of like a Siamese. They have three. I gave them tips for harness and leash training their cats.

As I was doing price comparisons Uber wanted to go spelunking behind the bags of food and the fridge and freezer for the raw foods. He also was of the mind to walk through the cracked door to the employees only section. I was looking at the collars but couldn't decide if I should have gotten one with or without a bell. And I am also debating on the color.

At checkout time he was looking quite comfortable and walked on the counter like he owned it. He was completely quiet on the way home and now he's sacked out under a quilt using my foot as a back rest so I think he's forgiven me for any traumas!

• Happy Happy x 4
    • Like Like x 3

• Xandria

XandriaGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $125,343.35
      Ratings:
      +15,171
      What a great and I bet exhausting day for Uber!!!

It's always fun to show off our little nakeds in the public, playing Sphynx Ambassador.

• Like Like x 1
      • Toa and Ross

Toa and RossGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
        $199,488.32
        Ratings:
        +17,564
        First bath and first outing! What an adventurous day for Uber.
        Glad to hear bath time went easier. You and Uber will more and more get a routine with bathing.

And how great Uber loves going out and walk around!

• Like Like x 1
        • Catzzzmeow

CatzzzmeowModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
          $428,648.61
          Ratings:
          +32,522
          • Scary sphynx
          Sounds like a great day had by both of you.

• Like Like x 1
          • carakitty

carakittyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
            $3,739.54
            Ratings:
            +420
            • Blue Sphynx
            • Bumble Bee
            • Hamster
            • Pig
            @Xandria He certainly was exhausted! He didn't stir one bit while we were making and eating dinner, usually he is all up in our business! He did finally emerge for dessert time which was cheesecake.

@Toa and Ross This wasn't his first bath. I bathed him a month ago, in the human bath tub and it was quite uncomfortable for me. I'm glad that he likes walks too but I'm thinking he's going to be needing much more frequent baths!

@Catzzzmeow It really was a nice day. I'm glad the pet store wasn't too busy for our first time out of the yard.

• Like Like x 2
            • Happy Happy x 1
            • NinaGato

NinaGatoGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
              $58,553.00
              Ratings:
              +5,409
              • Xmas sphynx
              Sounds like a fun day. You both learned a lot.

• Like Like x 1