Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Toe dipping ?

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hi there , now I have heard of people dipping their toe into water to test the temperature ! Even the elbow test for babies in their baths

Now little miss Cleo on the other hand stares into her kitty milk ! Takes a drink then it’s the toe test ? She dips her toes into the milk like she would splash in a bath lol
Put more of the kitty milk on to the work surface , then drinks again lol
This is just so funny to witness ! But she is all the while moving the bowl toward the edge of the work surface ! I have to save it before she topples it off
I wonder why she does this ?
Her drinking water is in the water fountain and I have posted pictures of her pawing the sides of the fountain like she was moving the water lol so cute
Any ideas people ?
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx ❤️❤️❤️

cleozmama

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Anita Eccleston
I couldn't even venture a guess at that one. My best friend had a Persian that knocked a few pieces of her dry food out of her bowl, ate them, and repeated until all the food was gone. She also washed her toys in her water dish. Go figure?!

uberalice

Lairian
@Anita Eccleston
I couldn't even venture a guess at that one. My best friend had a Persian that knocked a few pieces of her dry food out of her bowl, ate them, and repeated until all the food was gone. She also washed her toys in her water dish. Go figure?!

Feynman used to do this with his food. His bowls were on a bookshelf so the dogs couldn't plunder them. He used to sit on his perch, scoop out a few pieces of kibble with his paw, and fling them down to the dogs as if to say "Dine, peasants! Take this feast from your overlord!" :ROFLMAO:

Regarding the cat milk, I think some cats are just more tactile than others. My DSH eats wet food from her paw, never from her dish, but eats dry food normally. Maybe they just like to play with their food!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Feynman used to do this with his food. His bowls were on a bookshelf so the dogs couldn't plunder them. He used to sit on his perch, scoop out a few pieces of kibble with his paw, and fling them down to the dogs as if to say "Dine, peasants! Take this feast from your overlord!" :ROFLMAO:

Regarding the cat milk, I think some cats are just more tactile than others. My DSH eats wet food from her paw, never from her dish, but eats dry food normally. Maybe they just like to play with their food!

Hi , we just to get shouted at for playing with our food now we watch with love and admiration as our babies do just that and us thinking how cute they look lol
That was so so funny feeding the peasants ah ha
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

CuryC

Lairian
Never heard of this but its kinda funny.
My yorkie takes a big mouthful of his food and drops it outside his bowl and eats 1 little kibble at a time...animals are so funny

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi , I agree 100% our naked babies and fur babies really do enlighten our lives .
Their little quirks are so funny and quite endearing to us
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx ❤️❤️❤️

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Are you using a strongly scented washing up liquid? Some cats are put off by those chemical smells and don’t like to eat or drink from their bowls. Try switching to an organic grey water safe washing liquid and make sure you rinse really well after washing.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi @lealea we don’t use detergents on cleo’s bowls we just use boiling water from kettle , but we do dry with a tea towel may be worth changing that to see if that’s a reason !
Thank you
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Anita Eccleston you’re welcome. They are super cute when they do things like this. Rosie has the ritual of eating up her food then running to stand on my chest and purr in my face, licking her lips all the way. It’s adorable and her way of saying thank you. Where would we be without such pure happiness we get from our little nakeds? :)

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@lealea I can honestly say I have loved the pets we have had during our married life
( we wasn’t allowed pets with my dad and brother being asmatic , though gran had dogs ) but I’ve never known this deep love and affection I share with Cleo
If I had my way I’d be the crazy cat lady of the village with a house full of naked babies
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi @Katethespy Cleo as a water fountain and she is good with that but her milk goes into a bowl at least now I know she isn’t being naughty Thank you for that’s
Hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

Back