Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Toilet trained cat!

Princesse Peche

Lairian
Hi, do any of you have toilet trained their cat?
I notice something quite amusing this week, my cat has been toilet trained for 3 years now and I think she "understand" the concept of it... The concept of flushing. She started drinking from the toilet (wich is common I think) but of course only when it's clean. And she it's not (because she can't flush hahaha) she'll come meowing at me to flush it ! Sometimes she drinks, and then straight after she'll do her thing.

Any similar experiences ?!

An amused, yet impressed mother.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My girls aren't trained to use the toilet, but they do drink out of it.

Toothless however is fascinated with the actual flushing!
I'd noticed awhile back that there are little teeth marks on the lever to flush, so she's been chewing on .. I was laying in bed reading the other night and I hear the toilet flush, which freaked me out because I'm the only one in my house!

I go to see what's happening and there is Little Toothless hanging from the lever by her teeth! :eek:

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am the one who is yelling at them if they walk on the seat "YOU ARE GOING TO FALL INTO THE TOILET!" Leo actually did once, and I am amazed he did not break his leg as he was trying to scramble out of there. I could never toilet train mine... Molly probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to aim. She still occasionally poops over the side of the box, so I am sure I would find it next to the toilet on the floor!

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Toothless has fallen in more then once!

My brother was over and all of a sudden I hear him squeal ( I do mean squeal, it wasn't at all manly) When he finally made it back downstairs he had Toothless under his arms waggling his finger in her face trying to explain to her why you don't try to "fish in the stream"

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

bluejay1919

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Phoebe is trained to go to the door and meow so she can take care of business out in our backyard. My husband had thought about training her to use the toilet, but I wouldn't know where to start since she is litter box free. Haha, but she does love a drink out of the toilet (clean,of course..as clean as a toilet can be) and if we don't put the lid down...let's just say there has been plenty of late night trips to the pot only to realize your bum is soaking wet...from Phoebe dipping her paws in the toilet bowl & getting it all over the seat.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
A toilet trained cat..wow I'm impressed! My boys don't even come close to the toilet, they think the toilet is a scary thing.
@Princesse Peche and @MelissaAlice : maybe Peche can learn Toothless how to use the toilet without falling in it. And Toothless can learn Peche how to flush;)

bluejay1919

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Your sphynx goes in he yard? Outside ? Does she go far? I would be so afraid to lose my bébé :eek:

Yes she does. We have a privacy fenced in yard and 3 acres beyond that. It's quiet and no cars out here. She has never tried to escape & shows no interest in going beyond our fence. She goes out, goes potty in her special area, sniffs the grass and bird watches for a bit & then comes back to the door.

Princesse Peche

Lairian
@bluejay1919 Wow that's nice ! I wish I could do that to. Is there anything cuter than when your cat does that chirping weird sound while watching bird? I feel like it's her way of saying she's craving to crush their little birdy skulls but, hahahaha, I think it's cute anyway.

@Toa and Ross Maybe Pêche would be a good teacher :smuggrin: But I have to say she was far from a model student when she learned to go to the toilet.... I almost took me 6 months until it was absolutely fine. And trust me, when she asks for the bathroom, you better get out quick or hide the rugs....

Back