Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Toilet training HIMSELF?!

ShadyLaine

Lairian
So, I got out of the shower this morning, and was blow drying my hair as usual, when Elliot jumped up on the toilet seat and began inspecting the water in it. I figured he was going to just play with the water, probably end up drinking from it like past cats i've owned. But no. He pawed at the water for a bit as though he was digging, then popped a squat and did his business - in the toilet!

I knew sphynx were smart, but I really didn't expect him to do that all on his own! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I had a long hair mutt cat that trained herself to do this years ago, she wasn't consistent though, I took my mom catching her in the act for my mom to believe me that I flushed after going, that it was the cat...

danimcd

Lairian
well maybe if you reward him when he does it, he will continue to do it consistently! Luckiest girl in the world! lol

Shell_Baby

Lairian
Congrats! :ThumbsUp: That is just awesome! We just recently bought the Litter Kwitter and it's going well so far :Laugh:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm soooo jealous! We just started the girls on citi kitty and I'm hoping it works:BigSmile:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You're so lucky! The only thing Pedda does with the toilet is drink out of it.

JacksMom

Banned
Well, lucky you! My aunts cat (furry) taught herself...one night my aunt and uncle awoke in the middle of the night to a tinkling sound coming from their bathroom, my aunt got up to see their cat peeing...she peed and pooed in the toilet ever since (like the past 8 years!). They have to remember to always leave up the lid on the toilet in their b-room!

tessblack

Banned
Wow I had to train mine. Maybe you should take the litter box away and see what happens. Let us know what happens.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Woah, LUCKY you!!! I have never heard of them training themselves. See if you can catch him doing it again and give him a treat.....maybe he will start using it all on his own :BigSmile:

Ella_B

Lairian
Wow, that is awesome. I'm super jealous. Berlin thinks the toilet is just there for her amusement, so she can swat at the water and then track little loo water footprints around my apartment. She is always really fascinated when I go pee though, so with any luck maybe she'll follow my example someday. :Woo: