Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

TOILET TRAINING

SphynxCatCarl

Lairian
Another topic I wanted to post about is toilet training...has anyone tried and/or been successful at this? My NaKid is too young for it still but I have the "LitterKwitter" in my amazon cart as soon as I feel he is big enough. I already have his litter box next to the toilet and plan on raising it higher and higher until he's big enough to jump onto the toilet. Has anyone tried it this way and does anyone have any useful tips/tricks for this? Thanks again in advance!

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
A lot of people have tried this, and their success rates were very low. I’m sure you’ll find information in the older messages.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I really don’t like litter boxes or the dreaded “litter scatter,” but before you invest in a training system, you might want to watch this video. And that’s all I have to say about it.

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oooh. How is it going??
I will take it nice and slow. Right now I have the LitterKwitter on the floor next to the toilet and am switching him from the litter the breeder used to flushable litter. I will take about a week to do that, then leave it alone for a few days. Next step will be moving the system up onto the toilet. (Probably next weekend).

HenlesMom

Lairian
I used the Litter Kwitter on my boy Henle shortly after we got him. We went very slow and eventually trained him to use the human toilet after about 3 months.
He had a setback when he had GI upset (diarrhea) and stopped pooping on the toilet. Since that point he would only pee in the human toilet.
We recently switched to the Litter Robot and couldn't be happier. Henle will still use the human toilet from time to time when he is too lazy to go to the Litter Robot or when we're away from home.
I recommend trying the Litter Kwitter, it is 100% worth it if it works, but I believe the success rate is pretty low.

cleozmama

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Another topic I wanted to post about is toilet training...has anyone tried and/or been successful at this? My NaKid is too young for it still but I have the "LitterKwitter" in my amazon cart as soon as I feel he is big enough. I already have his litter box next to the toilet and plan on raising it higher and higher until he's big enough to jump onto the toilet. Has anyone tried it this way and does anyone have any useful tips/tricks for this? Thanks again in advance!

I don't know how she trained her cats, but there is a woman on YouTube that has four beautiful Donskoys and they are all toilet trained.

Cleozmama

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My daughter used Citi Kitty, and I used Litter Kwitter. Litter Kwitter is more expensive, but we both prefer it. Just an FYI* :)

Back