Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Toliet Training???

GioThermal

Lairian
Does anyone have a Sphynx that is toilet trained? I taught Gio to sit in a matter of two days. He is VERY smart and even says "ma-ma". I saw a clip on YOU TUBE that shows a Sphynx using the toilet and was amazed. :LOL: Anyone have any ideas on how to train him to use the toilet?

Last edited by a moderator:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know there are a few on here who are trained! It is very cool but I dont know that I have the patience to do that... :LOL:

Congrats! Smart kitty!

GioThermal

Lairian
I hope I have the patience to train him.... I hope.:Sweat: It kinda freaks my husband out... he's scared he'll walk-in on Gio doing his "thing", :Surprise:

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Does anyone have a Sphynx that is toilet trained? I taught Gio to sit in a matter of two days. He is VERY smart and even says "ma-ma". I saw a clip on YOU TUBE that shows a Sphynx using the toilet and was amazed. :LOL: Anyone have any ideas on how to train him to use the toilet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbYL-w5vyFk

Kreacher also says "Ma Ma", and he says "Noooo". Best advice...do a topic serch for the threads here for toliet/potty training. You'll get a bunch of stuff on training:ThumbsUp:

tessblack

Banned
Yes you need to have patience. I am using Litter Kwitter kit and as you can see in the video we are still on the last stage. At this point there is not litter anymore. I went to the final stage but my female started pooping beside the toilet. She would pee fine but not poop so I had to go back a step. I started in January and I think I rushed them to fast at first. The litter kwitter set you can get through Pet-co and I would tell you to get the extra discs they sell as well. makes the steps between smaller. I am going to leave them here for awhile till I feel comfortable moving her to the next stage, she still does not seem to love pooping in the toilet. My boy has no problem at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I wish I had the patience to do this as well. We only have 1 bathroom tho and its too small to move her litter box in there at first and it would just be way too much to ask of her at this point. Maybe once we get a bigger two bathroom house I'll reconsider it.

Goodluck with your training. You'll have to keep us posted of course!!! lol

tessblack

Banned
I wish I had the patience to do this as well. We only have 1 bathroom tho and its too small to move her litter box in there at first and it would just be way too much to ask of her at this point. Maybe once we get a bigger two bathroom house I'll reconsider it.

Goodluck with your training. You'll have to keep us posted of course!!! lol

Yeah there is no way I could have done this with one toilet!!!!! I have had some real stressful times with this but hopefully will be worth it.

Back