Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tomorrow I lose my babies....

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Tomorrow I'm packing up the kits and they are headed to Camp GrammaGrampa. I'm heading out for a week of vacation and my parents will be looking after them (at their own house) while I'm away. The cats have been there before and LOVED it! Last time after an extended stay there, it took Blue almost 2 weeks before he would purr again :Cry:

I'm happy because my parents are retired and will be doting on my babies constantly (unlike me who works 60 hr weeks!), but I'm sad because I will miss them terribly. Today on the way home from work, I actually started tearing up thinking about saying goodbye tomorrow. Wonder if Blue & Bayleigh will miss me, too? The hardest part will be that I am going 2 different places for vacation and will be coming home for 1 night in between. I haven't slept sphynxless at home in over 10 years *sigh*

Thanks for listening, guys. I just felt like I had to get that off my chest. I know you all understand...

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I think its hardest on us when we have to leave them behind. I've heard many stories of how kitties had so much fun while parents were gone..its typical..they will be fine and they will be there when you return...try to enjoy your vacation. I know it would be hard. I've been laid off for quite some time and the thought of going back to work eventually just tears me up because I'll miss Snuffie so much. :(

tessblack

Banned
I really think I miss them more then they miss me. We travel for work a lot and have people in to take care of them but I still hate it and want a stay at home job. I guess they do miss me a bit because they are all over me for days when I get back. I did research the breed but not enough i guess because i was expecting cats like the furry ones I had before that did not really care if you are gone or not. Big surprise with these little love bugs. They will be fine and spoiled. I know about the tearing up, I get that way too!

holly_savage

Banned
DOn't worry too much. They will love you all the more when you get back. Last Wednesday I brought Hibou and Kokka to my friend Vicki's place. We were off camping for 5 days and she agreed to take then. Her ornery old man cat was put out, Hibou stayed hidden most of the time, but little Kokka was boldly exploring everything. When I picked them up on Monday, they me-owed the whole way hame (1.5 hours!!!!) But when we got home, they scuttled out of their carriers and were just exstatic to be home. All was back to normal within 5 minutes. I think it's good for them, gets them socialized and keeps them on their toes!

We missed them terribly, mostly at night...always looking to cuddle!

susi794

Staff member
Have fun on your vacation--they will love it at grandma and grandpa's . And you need the rest--they will still love you when you get back home. And you will appreciate them all the more while you miss them.
Hugs,
Susi and the gang

Bella07

Banned
Try to relax and enjoy your vacation! You know how much your babies love you, so of course they'll miss you, but just imagine all of the fun that they will be having with the grandparents. Time will fly, and before you know it, you'll be back at home with your babies in your arms! Have fun on vacation.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well, I dropped them off today and they strutted out of their carriers like they were home. By the time I left, they were napping in the sun and couldn't care less that I was leaving. My mom emailed & said they are purring away and very affectionate. I can relax now & leave for vacation tomorrow knowing things are alright!!

Cute story...on the way over there in the car, Blue started crying his "carsick" meow. My sister opened the carrier door and Blue hopped out, down into the litterbox that was on the car floor. He threw up just a tiny bit and then hopped back up into his carrier & went back to bed. What a cutie--he knew to be sick in the litterbox. Smart cats I tell ya!! :ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
A cat that get carsick in the litterbox? What??? No scratch...scratch...scratch...? No panic stops at gas stations or rest stops? Woohoo! You have great kids! Now enjoy that vacation, Girl!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like your babies have a great set-up. My Kika would pout for a whole day if I left for a little two or three day trip. Then it was back to love and kisses. HAVE A GREAT VACATION. :Smile: