Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Too cold to go out?

I've been going outside with Butchie many times during the summer and he really loves it! I'd really like to be able to keep taking him outside during the colder months, but I worry it might be bad for his health?! :unsure:

During the summer I put a t-shirt on him, to protect against sun and scratches etc, and for winter I've been looking to buy him a warm coverall (picture below). I just wonder if anyone else on here takes their cat(s) out when it's cold? Is it possible for them to get sick from this, or is it still okay as long as they're warm? I got him a long-sleeved jumper now for cooler days, but it won't be enough for long...

Would appreciate hearing about other's experiences!

upload_2018-9-16_0-51-40.png

Attachments

Last edited:
We haven't had winter with Uber yet. The rule I've been going by is if I'm uncomfortable the cat probably is too.

The sweaters you show look good. Have you shopped for booties? That is what I'm going to do next. Uber's feet get pretty chilly even in the house! Thankfully we still have some time. Today it's 90°F/ 32°C! It probably won't be cooling down significantly for another month.