Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tosca Update

firehillqueen

Banned
Tosca, our dear adopted senior Sphynx has just returned from her vet visit. He has declared that she is no longer morbidly obese! We are thrilled. While she will probably never have a youthful kittenish figure, she has definitely reached a much more manageable weight. Tosca has fallen in love with the outdoor life. By that I mean she has taken over the enclosed back porch as her personal domain. She will allow the three younger cats to come out, but when she wants to be alone she refuses to even come back into the house. I do worry that she might be too warm out there as summer grows hotter here in Texas, but she has shown she can come and out of the cat window. There is a flowing fountain and a fan to move the air around.
Tosca will only come in when Richard gets home to have her quality lap time while Richard watches t.v.
I am sure Tosca is fascinated by watching the birds feed and the squirrels antics in the surrounding trees.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Tosca and our adopted 9 year old over weight Deejay sound like they where made for each other. He was over weight when we got him and has been loosing a few pounds himself. Loves the outdoors and going out on his leash and sitting in the window.
He is a true sweetie!!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Haha, way to go Tosca! Tosca pictures remind me of a little roly poly. Butterball also took over the outdoor porch at my last residence. He too had a fountain and fan. The heat had no effect on him. No matter how hot it got, he wanted to be on the porch. I tried to make him come inside but he was immediately back at the door wanting to go outside. Eventually, I put a big bowl of water, some food, an extra litter box and his toys outside and let him stay outside all the time. I'd make him come in to sleep.

firehillqueen

Banned
Okay, sounds like a wonderful idea. I have added the extra litter box that Tosca perfers outside and her crate, e. She likes laying on top of it to get a little better view of the year. Put out her food bowl and a large auto water bottle. Caught her napping in the chimera fireplace today. I wonder if the teracotta clay keeps her cooler. LOL she looked so funny curled up in there. Tosca hasn't been inside at all today

firehillqueen

Banned
I will have to make some new photos of Tosca so everyone can see how she has improved! I was so worried about her health with her weight. I believe she even looks less bowlegged now. LOL:LOL:

Back