Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tosca Update

firehillqueen

Banned
When we first adopted 10 year old Tosca she came to us with several issues. The main one being terribly over weight and all the health issue associated with obesity. She couldn't lick her belly, nor clean herself properly. She wanted to eat constantly, she would lay close to her food bowl and would cry if it wasn't filled to the brim. She couldn't jump unaided on the couch, and could barely wobble across the room. She hissed if she even thought there was another cat near by.
In spite of dire warnings that Tosca hated other cats, we proceeded to bring two new Sphynx kittens into our house hold. Those now nearly grown kittens are now Tosca's surrogates children. What a difference we have seen in Tosca. She has lost quite a bit of weight. She lays out in the sun on the cat porch everyday. Just last week she decided to join us at night in the bed. She is charming and loving and a much loved member of our family. She adores the grandchildren and comes running to be with them when they come over. I can not say how happy I am that I adopted this needy and wonderful cat.

Last edited by a moderator:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww, what a great success story! Tosca just needed some sphynx "children" to baby for herself. I'm glad to hear that she's doing so well and has become such a beloved member of your family.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Tosca is one of my favorite kitties on the site. I'm glad to hear she's doing great. I hope one day I get to meet little Tosca.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What a lovely way to remind us what a little TLC can do for a kitty's health and attitude. I'm so glad she found a home where she was encouraged to have a happier life.

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So happy for you and your pride of kitties :) Tosca is such a pretty girl. I hope I get to meet her one day.

I am so happy that Tosca found you to bring her in to such a lovely, wonderful home. She was just waiting for you. She is such a beautiful girl! Nothing more magical than a houseful of naked kitties!!:Wink:

firehillqueen

Banned
Re: Tosca Update Photos

041.jpg

045.jpg

035.jpg

039.jpg

028.jpg

susi794

Staff member
Re: Tosca Update Photos

The story and pics made me smile too. Gosh it's good to hear good things ~ thanks so much for sharing.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Tosca is very regal. Aren't rescues wonderful? I have considered getting another baby as I have only had one kitten, which was my 1st sphynx. Seems every time I get set to get a kitten another rescue comes into my life. My hubby says we are maxed out at the 4 rescues we have. It is probably a good thing or we would have 10 rescues lol. You have done a wonderful job with Tosca. Give her a smooch for me....Marna

firehillqueen

Banned
Its hard to believe that back in March when we adopted Tosca her poor belly nearly dragged the ground and she had such terrible skin rashes in her fat folds and all down her belly where she couldn't lick. She fell in love with my husband on first sight. She still prefers him, but she will honor me with her royal presence. She has such an endearing way of tilting her head over when she looks up at me, right before she flings herself down against me. Last week, out of the blue, she did what would have seemed impossible for her... she jumped the doggy gate between the dinning room/kitchen to come join us in the master bedroom She walked up between the chihuahuas to make herself right at home beside my husband. She has slept between us everynight since.
She loves baths, she runs through the house with Cadeau, Ciel and Chimere. She is fearless! If anyone has doubts about adoption... she is our poster child in favor of re-homing a mature Sphynx.

I am working on a sketch and painting of her now.

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
You captured her Buddha Belly just perfectly. :BigSmile:

I'm in awe of your artistic ability. My stick-cat drawings just don't cut it. Thank you for sharing them with us!

Back