Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Totally Not Expected

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok, so what we call Kramer hugs is when he rubs he side of his face against yours; well Kramer does this to me all day long....:Laugh:
Last week I started breaking out on my face.... I have never had acne problems EVER... It totally clicked to me last night I am only breaking out where Kramer rubs his face on me! I am not allergic to animals at all so it either has to be the irritation or his skin oils. The hubby said don't let him do it anymore but I can't so I just have to wash my face a lot during the day now!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Awww how cute! We need them to show us love :LOL: Just wash your face :LOL::LOL:

Thats what i told the hubby; he's giving me hugs I can't not let him! He also licked my arm for about 15 minutes straight last night.... OUCH.. but i couldn't tell him to stop; but we do need to develop a special breed of Sphynx that possesses a dog textured tongue!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL:I totally know what you mean! I can't stop Sophie from doing things to me that are painful.

She does a new thing I call "love bites" and its so funny- if I do a sniffing noise (like a dog sniff) on her neck she grabs my face in her paws (no claws) and gives my check a gentle bite. Well, one time she forgot to be quite as gentle and her tooth left a scratch on my cheek and I got two pimples where the scratch began and ended- how weird! At first I thought it was an irritation but now I think it made me break out...:Dizzy:

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My face also breaks out from the sphynx cats as well even if they are licking me so i wash my face alot too.

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL:I totally know what you mean! I can't stop Sophie from doing things to me that are painful.

She does a new thing I call "love bites" and its so funny- if I do a sniffing noise (like a dog sniff) on her neck she grabs my face in her paws (no claws) and gives my check a gentle bite. Well, one time she forgot to be quite as gentle and her tooth left a scratch on my cheek and I got two pimples where the scratch began and ended- how weird! At first I thought it was an irritation but now I think it made me break out...:Dizzy:

Kramer does the "love bites" too! Usually in the middle of the night!

Brooke

Banned

:LOL: Walter does this, too, especially when I blow raspberries on his belly!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Jack does them too but has to be reminded to stay gentle at times. He usually wraps himself around my forearm like a opposum.:LOL:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lemmy does the "love bites" too, until he forgets and it becomes painful. lol. I also agree about the kitty hugs and kisses, they are just too precious!!

susi794

Staff member
Boo gives me love bites too--but it's weird--he bites (gently) each individual finger tip--one at a time.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can sympathize!! Blue is what I call a face-sleeper. While I'm asleep he comes and plops himself RIGHT in front of me and backs up till his butt is tight against my chin. Even after only one night, I develop those deep under-the-skin zits. Makes me look like I'm a teenager again :LOL::LOL: I've tried washing both my face & him often, but it doesn't seem to make a difference

Annabanana

Lairian
Me too. Im using a natural-ish brand that has an apple skin peel for when it gets bad enough that I can squeeze them. Its working really well. Ill let you all knw the brand when I use it next.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks God that is not my problem yet, but if it was Wash I would be doing.. The love bites on the other hand I get quite a lot...But I just smile and kiss them back.. I was so proud I was not the only one who did the raspberry thing to their cats...Thanks Brooke for making me feel normal again. LOL

SniffyMama

Lairian
When my husband and I kiss our Sphynx sometimes our lips get very sensitive and swell and sting a little. We just figured we're allergic to her oils.

myspecialboy

Lairian
I've never had more than a tiny blemish until I started working in the ER, then I started to look like I was 15. However, since I got Chadwick, I've gotten a lot more breakouts around my chin along with major blackhead issues, much worse than before. That kid is so oily and he gives me lots of loves (my term for "hugs) and he makes mommy look like a pizza!
I've started a new skincare routine that has started working well already and it has only been a few days. I start off by gently exfoliating my face with a gentle face brush when it is still dry because it's easier to get the skin flakes off as opposed to when the skin is wet, then I use that Wave thing you see on TV daily, and every other day, I use Dr. Brandt pores no more blackhead vacuum (I think that's the name). To help keep my skin moisturized, I use this Olay foaming moisturizer all over and this Dior lotion only on my cheeks and forehead (it's expensive, but the lady at the Sephora store gave me enough samples for a month. I love that place!!!). Before I put on my makeup, I wipe my face with a Stridex pad to soak up the oils from my good morning love from my boy. It's amazing how quickly my face is clearing up without banning lovins from my angel!
If anyone wants to try the Dr. Brandt's or Dior stuff, I recommend going to a Sephora store and having them give you samples before you buy because they are expensive (Dr. B's- $45 Dior- $54).

Fountainrunner

Lairian
Lemmy does the "love bites" too, until he forgets and it becomes painful. lol. I also agree about the kitty hugs and kisses, they are just too precious!!

When my monster does the "love bites" he goes crazy - biting and batting his paws all over the place. I can always tell when my mother has him because she'll scream bloody murder and the poor kitty will come running for it's life. "He's trying to kill me!" She claims. :Woo:

Back